Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2013, 05:54 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Tuesday

Good morning all Dogsey Peops

Going to be another glorious one here, the birds are singing their little hearts out, especially the bossy little robin as he sorts out who can and can't have breakfast up there

Just had a major trauma in the middle of typing this Zena went up the top, the neighbours must have left their dogs out all night and they started barking, and the fence being so very low up there this side, I saw Zena hanging half over it All hell broke lose up there, so I've just nearly had a heart attack as I've had to run up 3 flights of steep steps to drag her back over, plus all my shouting which has given me a sore throat Jeesus Christ, I must get Dave to sort that fence out when he gets round to it. I had left her plastic paddling pool up against that small low bit, but of course, I brought that down for her yesterday, so it's my fault. We've bought a gate to go across to stop her getting up to that top level, but of course, Dave's had other things to do, so it's still sitting in the garage. Hey ho, I've calmed down now. Another job for today then

Jenny, I hope you find your mum in good spirits today and have a safe journey.

Lynn, hoping you hear something from the agents or get some new pics to them of that front. I remember we had to do that with ours, we used our own pictures of the front which were taken in summer, in fact, I think we used a lot of our own pics.

Pat, that frog piccie was soooooo funny last night!!!

Linda, I hope Loki is still good on his back legs today and for a long time to come.

Off for a walk in a mo, hope you're all ok along with the doglets, and enjoy your day, hope the sun is shining for you
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2013, 06:06 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Good morning all Dogsey Peops

Going to be another glorious one here, the birds are singing their little hearts out, especially the bossy little robin as he sorts out who can and can't have breakfast up there

Just had a major trauma in the middle of typing this Zena went up the top, the neighbours must have left their dogs out all night and they started barking, and the fence being so very low up there this side, I saw Zena hanging half over it All hell broke lose up there, so I've just nearly had a heart attack as I've had to run up 3 flights of steep steps to drag her back over, plus all my shouting which has given me a sore throat Jeesus Christ, I must get Dave to sort that fence out when he gets round to it. I had left her plastic paddling pool up against that small low bit, but of course, I brought that down for her yesterday, so it's my fault. We've bought a gate to go across to stop her getting up to that top level, but of course, Dave's had other things to do, so it's still sitting in the garage. Hey ho, I've calmed down now. Another job for today then

Jenny, I hope you find your mum in good spirits today and have a safe journey.

Lynn, hoping you hear something from the agents or get some new pics to them of that front. I remember we had to do that with ours, we used our own pictures of the front which were taken in summer, in fact, I think we used a lot of our own pics.

Pat, that frog piccie was soooooo funny last night!!!

Linda, I hope Loki is still good on his back legs today and for a long time to come.

Off for a walk in a mo, hope you're all ok along with the doglets, and enjoy your day, hope the sun is shining for you
Good morning Helena. I am glad this appeared before I go out again. I am in serious 'summer mode' now - setting off with Bella before 7am today before it gets too hot. She enjoys it more and so do I and we can walk further too. When we got back she had a nice bone and is now zonked out so I will scarper shortly and get some bits done in town.

Happy that you've woken to a nice day with the birdsong. We were followed by dozens of swooping swallows on our walk. Catching all the insects in the air.

Yes get your fencing fixed as a priority. Don't want to be reading posts from you down the line about problems with neighbours!

TW
What can I say? Hope today is at least no worse than yesterday!

LYNN
Fingers crossed for some positive stuff about the house selling.

JENNY
Hope the mum visit goes well

LINDA and all other 'keepers' of dogs with problems - sending good vibes to you and to them.

I can't actually remember what I had to go out for now?
So I will just go anyway and hope it comes back to me!

I will leave you with a piccie of me on a Camel. (Why they put my daughter and her pal on the little one and me on the big one I dunno - no comments about load bearing tho please!)

Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2013, 06:11 AM
Good morning Helena and all those to follow. As you say another lovely day. Having a quick cuppa before I take Amber for her walk. Was hoping my hair would dry out a bit before going but I shall put a scarf over it, I must get it cut it is right down my back now and not easy to control. We have just been out and topped up the birds for the day. Got to make some Coconut fat/seed cups as they are getting through them two a day. Best fed starlings round here. The blue tits get to clean the fat off the branches of the lilac as do the gold crests.

Malka I hope you and Pereg had a good night and Lynn you and Dillon too. Helena after your excitement this morning you better have a quieter day. Well this wont do. Have a good day all. God bless.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2013, 06:20 AM
Enjoy your walk Lablover - you will look like the Queen with your headscarf on. Every time I see pics of her walking her dogs she is wearing one!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-04-2013, 06:22 AM
Morning Helena, morning all.

Another lovely sunny day here too and I think it may be warmer hopefully. I won't be fighting any triffids today to help keep me warm.
I have to find my back door key and gate key that I had in my pocket when out the front. Will do that when I have walked Dillon will have to take the spare door keys and leave the gate on the latch this morning.
They will either be in the shed with all the bits I brought back round or the compost bin or the recycling bin. Not a lot of choice then.
I was adamant the agent should come and take the photographs again but now i'm thinking let Gorden do them he will do them so much better and I will still have my day saying to the agent we are redoing them and will be emailing them to you as having all the lights on did the inside no justice and the outside is now drastically different to the first photo you took.

Helena what a fright and just what you don't need this time of the morning, well any time of the day but first thing in the morning when you're trying to wake up is not good.
Glad all is well.

Pat I was going to say nothing. Lovely photo.

Linda I hope Loki is still on the road to improvement.
Jenny have a safe journey and have a nice day with your mum.
June sending (((hugs))).
Moyra enjoy your walk.
Bev I hope that headache has eased today.
Everyone else hope you are feeling well and all your furry friends too.

Stay safe and have a good Tuesday.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2013, 06:37 AM
Morning all,

Got 5 minutes before I have to get going. I think I'll have a normal day at work...now if I could just remember what I have!

Tonight I'm hiding in our room again and working on the assignment, I have so much to do that I have to get moving on it and get it done tonight so tomorrow I can get some stuff done tomorrow.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-04-2013, 06:41 AM

Three of the things marked down to do today have been done already and it is not even 9.30am yet! Bloomin' water delivery guys disturbed my back-to-bed snooze after pilling Da Booger - she heard the truck pull up so woke me in time to open the front trissim and yell that I was coming - just enough time to pull a robe and a snood on and get to the door before they did. I got a couple of sniggery looks but so I was still in bed at 8am, so what? It is [or always was] marked on the delivery sheet not to deliver before 8.30am and I was sorely tempted to let Da Booger have an air-snap at the ankle of the one she did last time.

However, my decent nature got the better of me so I kept hold of her rope [I had to clip it on before opening the door] and he sidled past her - which was when I gave a couple of sniggery looks!

[Thinks - why did I not read through this thread to see who was around and who had posted what before I replied? ]

Hope Lynn gets loads of viewings. Hope Bev's head is better. Hope Loki's legs are not so wobbly. Umm - what else. Ah yes, hope you have a good walk with Zena, Nechda! Anyone and anything I have missed, hope you are all OK.

Have a good Tuesday everyone, and do not forget that today is the last Steam Mop Bonus Day of April!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Its a happy-to-be-alive day with the sun shining, no breeze and the birds singings - I love mornings like this.

Helena - what a shock that must have been with Zena half over the fence. The fact that she hadn't been dragged over
by the neighbours' dogs tells you that she is boss ..... the other dogs were probably 'bricking' it. Not nice for you either having to sprint up all those stairs . As you say, the fence is yet another job to add to the list ....... these lists never stop, I'm sure you realise that. . I hope you enjoy your walk this morning.

Pat - Loved the photo of the frog last night ..... that's how I feel most of the time The photo of you on the camel is so funny - only because I find camels such funny creatures - you look quite elegant in your black dress astride that HUGE camel. Are you sure you didn't push your passenger off to get a better view?

Moyra - Bless you making the seed/fat cups for the birds. I'm not surprised they are getting through two a day - I would imagine the word has spread and they are queueing up for them.

Lore - I hope your work day goes well and you do get the chance to push-on with your assignment this evening.

Lynn - I think taking your own photos has got to be the route to go Enjoy your walk with Dillon and I hope you locate those keys. Enjoy your day.

Malka - You've had a busy morning but isn't it nice to 'tick' jobs off. Thanks for the steam mop reminder as I would have forgotten

Bev - I hope your headache has subsided.

I'm off to visit my Mum once I have given the dogs a good walk (they'll be coming with me) and it should be easier today as I'm meeting my brother there.

I hope any poorly dogs or members are feeling better today.

See you later.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Morning H and all,

So far so good with the head this morning, its not aching just feeling a little light headed. Its the start of a very busy 10 days for me today so I cannot afford for it to give me problems.

H, that must have been very scary this morning and got your heart racing, still at least you got to her ok.

Lynn I think you will be better off getting Gordon to do the pics and i hope you find those keys.

Jenny have a nice time with your mum and brother.

Malka you are certainly busy this morning. Don't overdo it.

I had better get on as have to be out in 30 mins and loads to do here.
Enjoy your day all.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Morning H and all

I can just imagine the panic with naughty Zena hanging over the fence, they are good at causing heart stopping moments aren't they.

Lynn I hope you get some stunning pics put on your estate agent details. My friend has just moved (yesterday) and had to push the estate agents all of the time.

Malka, I am still sat in bed atm, 3 tasks completed already slow down there!

Any news on Bev and the drop in centre?

I feel a bit out of the loop atm with the internet problems. I was able to use my kindle yesterday but not computer so delved into the settings on the computer (not a clue what I was doing) but fingers crossed it seems to be working now!

I managed to cut the grass and sort loads of rubbish yesterday so was quite happy.

Today will be dogs and cousin. We may take cousin to Hayling Island where the family used to holiday, they had a static caravan there. I quite like it too as we lived there for a number of years. I do miss walking on the beach with the dogs.

My virtual hospital appointment is a phone call. It is to discuss the scan I had recently. It's a good idea rather than traipsing to the hospital and waiting for an hour, struggling to park not to mention pay for the privilege. There is no need to be face to face.

Have a good day all.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »