View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Thanks guys. I can't help being worried, I don't want anything to be wrong with her. I love her too much!
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-07-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm sure the vet will reassure you all is well.

Simon started off with a "growth" on his side, and I feared the worst. The vet took a biopsy and confirmed it is just fatty tissue. (It looks like he has half a tennis ball stuck on the side of him!)

I'm sure she will be fine xx
toobendy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2012, 10:13 PM
my youngest dog recently had a lump. the vet was pretty sure it was cancer, he told me 70% chance! so poppy had her lump removed & it was sent for testing & i prepared myself for bad news. it turned out it wasn't cancer just a weird lump so try not to worry, even if they think it might be they could be wrong & when they removed poppys lump they said seen as it was only small hopefully if it was cancer they'd caught it before it spread. of course seen as it wasn't that worry is over. hope the vet has good news for you
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Jinty's just a baby - a very young dog. Serious lumps & bumps are pretty rare in young dogs.

As other have said, it could be a cyst. It could also be a small hard abscess that has formed after a pinprick puncture wound of some kind, which both you & her didn't notice. Neither are worth getting upset about and are easily investigated.

Merlin has a tiny bump on his chest, on the skin. I thought it was an insect bite at first, or maybe a small tick. It's some sort of wart, isn't getting bigger, but at 6 years old he is almost middle aged, and things like that do appear as dogs age. I only feel it if I am looking for it....but because I know it's there, I do!

By all means have the vet look at it - I am sure it is nothing to be worried about
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-07-2012, 06:55 AM
Little One had one - sounds like it was in the same place as you found the one on Jinty. I did not rush her to the vet although did phone him to ask about it, and he said not to worry he would check it the next time she was due for a normal yearly check-up, shots etc, as at her age and the fact that it was soft and mobile it must have been just a lipoma, which is a benign tumour composed of adipose tissue.

In other words, just an innocuous small fatty lump!

If it is any consolation I have had a number of possibly dodgy breast tumours removed, but the ones that are obviously lipomas are just left.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2012, 07:13 AM
Try not to panic love. I know it's not easy....

x0x
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Got an appointment for 11:45 today. I didnt sleep much. Its the first "poorly" Jins ever had. Shes always been so fit & healthy (apart from when she had the runs once!).
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Good luck at the vets this morning. As others have already said it is probably just a fatty lump. Give jinty a cuddle from me.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Any news after the vet visit?
toobendy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-07-2012, 06:49 PM
hope the vet put your mind at rest. just thought i'd tell you about a neighbour i were talking to today, she found a lump on thir eldest dog recently & the vet thought it could be cancer but just like my poppy dogs lump it turned out not to be. so if the vet thinks it may be & is going to remove the lump & send it for testing don't panic
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >