I know I dont feed raw, but I feed mine twice a day- 9am ish and 6pm ish
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Twice a day here.

Chicken carcases around 8:30
mince around 5:30

Suits me and them. I would feel really mean if I only fed once a day. I get grumpy when I'm hungry so wouldn't expect them to go hungry either.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by TeflonsShadow View Post
I used to use chicken, but I kept leaving it in pockets and finding an icky surprise!

I'd rather feed a decent kibble as a treat (smallest size they have) than a biscuit treat that has colours and all sorts of crud in... It works out cheaper too! hahahah!

The odd thing is that she went off eating her Burns and yet will quite happily have it as a treat? Madness!
Ah, yes I have done that too with chicken... and sausages too, they went disgusting I find it a bit of a faff using meat.

I cut up jerky, tripe sticks and fish sticks for Jake too mixed in with the kibble, so he never knows what he will be getting I like to give him natural treats, which is why I decided to cut up the jerky, tripe sticks and fish sticks... he does have a box of biscuits that he is slowly getting through, but I am trying to use them up asap and then he won't be getting them again... the dogs in the park are helping to get rid of them

I found Jake went a bit off the kibble when he had it as meals, but he enjoys it as treats... I think it can get boring having them as meals, so if they like the taste, it is nicer to get them as a wee treat than all the time.

Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
I make my own cookies for Rupert. Peanut butter or cheese ones. Easier than finding wheat and corn free ones and a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a bag of kibble. I had the same problem using meat as a reward. I either had to put it in a tub which meant faffing around when I wanted one or I managed to leave bits behind in my pocket and it went icky. At least a biscuit accidentally left in a pocket for a week doesn't smell the house out.
I tried making Jake treats, but it was really hard to make ones without using flour... I made ones with instant mash... he wasn't too keen on them the only ones he ate were the cheese and tuna ones... the beef and chicken got a deep look of disapproval!

I got Jake those crackerjack biscuits, but boy are they expensive!
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post

I tried making Jake treats, but it was really hard to make ones without using flour... I made ones with instant mash... he wasn't too keen on them the only ones he ate were the cheese and tuna ones... the beef and chicken got a deep look of disapproval!

I got Jake those crackerjack biscuits, but boy are they expensive!
Are you able to use oats or rice flour? You can get wheat & gluten free flour.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Are you able to use oats or rice flour? You can get wheat & gluten free flour.
could u use suet? microwaved to a biscuity type....i might give suet n sardines a go

i usually make tuna/sardine bread/biscuits
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
could u use suet? microwaved to a biscuity type....i might give suet n sardines a go

i usually make tuna/sardine bread/biscuits
Suet and sardines sounds so vile to me but I bet the dogs would LOVE it
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3