Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
That's true!! Well I did say I may be wrong and I was
In that case she needs to go and look at the stock and ask why they sell it if they are dangerous. Although as the OP correctly noted rawhide and semi-cooked bones are sold.

I think at the end of the day, your own dog is your own dog, and it's not other peoples place to say what is right or wrong. You can suggest or advice or voice your opinion - but thats all it is!
But someone working for PAH should probably do their research before bandying comments around like that will kill your dog!!!!
I entirely agree with this. And said person has probably been brainwashed from the companies 'education' of dog nutrition.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks guys, it just really ruffled my fur. Didnt really help matters that their dog charged at Jin aggressively, which was observed by the owner and ignored.

Some people.

Im considering getting a bandana for Jin, saying "Im fed RAW and proud of it" ...!!
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by TeflonsShadow View Post
Thanks guys, it just really ruffled my fur. Didnt really help matters that their dog charged at Jin aggressively, which was observed by the owner and ignored.

Some people.

Im considering getting a bandana for Jin, saying "Im fed RAW and proud of it" ...!!
indeed, some people

dont let someone like that get to you, best thing to do is laugh it off and carry on with what your doing. In other words, stick two fingers up and walk off
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by TeflonsShadow View Post

Some people.

Haha sounds like a great idea.. I need to get one for my dog saying -
'My tail is not broken! PS Dont touch without asking '
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by dog_geek View Post
indeed, some people

dont let someone like that get to you, best thing to do is laugh it off and carry on with what your doing. In other words, stick two fingers up and walk off

Well, if she comes to training again, I will avoid her. Shes coming to a comp on Monday.... I may just get a chicken wing for Jin to chomp on ......
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Assuming that you did not approach her and ask for her opinion, her behaviour was bang out of order.

If she tries that again, I recommend a withering stare and the response: "Oh dear, you seem to be labouring under the delusion that your opinion matters?"
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Was she advising you as a PAH member of staff or as a dog owner herself? I've worked in petshops before and didn't advocate everything we sold - obviously in my job, I had to sell rubbish cheap foods like Bakers etc. if customers wanted it, I would suggest better foods and explain why it was better/more economical, etc. but as an individual I would happily tell them it was just plain utter rubbish.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2011, 10:08 PM
See these things do not bother me, I just do what I used to do with my ex mother in law; smile sweetly and say, "Thank you for sharing".

This has the effect of sending them completely off their troelly whilst you appear to be lovely.........

Much more effective
DvnBiker
Dogsey Junior

26-08-2011, 11:41 AM
maybe you should have asked then why PAH sell raw mince, meat and chunks!

To be honest I pretty much ignore people when they start, as I say there is no better advert than the condition my dogs are in.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
See these things do not bother me, I just do what I used to do with my ex mother in law; smile sweetly and say, "Thank you for sharing".

This has the effect of sending them completely off their troelly whilst you appear to be lovely.........

Much more effective
You must be a delight in real life! I think you'd scare me!

And no, I didnt approach her or ask her opinion, and I think she was speaking as herself....
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2