View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 07:31 AM
I was told my Boxer had seasonal alopecia, spent fortune in the vets & end was told nothing could be done. What age is your dog?

Daily massage if the area will help if indeed it is S alopecia
We used a product from hiltonherbs / www.hiltonherbs.co.uk called phytobalm. You apply it everyday & massage in. Takes about 3 months for the hair to grow back

A year later at my insistance the vet did blood tests - they "must" do the lot - tsh, t3 & t4 which proved she was hypothyroid. They pooh hooed the idea she had thyroid disease so were rather embarrassed when results came back
Positive. Just means a small tablet for life which are not overly expensive & periodic blood tests to check thyroid levels

Irrespective i think its an idea that you ask your vet about thyroid testing
Nightwolf
New Member!
Male 

04-07-2011, 11:17 AM
My Kiera has just had her 4th birthday, so 4 year old lol. She is going for her jabs next week, so will ask about thyroid then. What annoyed me though is last time we went when it was at the stage in the first picture, they did all kinds of tests, and charged us £150!!!!!!!!

What annoys me about vets, they just do whats needed without telling you the price, then slap a bill in your face, we was expecting £40 tops, £25 examination and some meds!

We lived on super noodles that fortnight!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2