Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
My thoughts when I saw the photos were the same as Jeanette's - how much is the fabric going to sag? Is there any re-inforcing underneath? Our dogs have fold-up beds with a mattress & cover and these have nylon roping criss-crossed underneath which can be tightened when the beds start to 'give' under their constant weight.
SB, do you mean like a camp stretcher styled bed? Do you have a link of a similar article?

I have no chance of talking OH around to a plastic bed, that's fine, just need to come up with an alternative - and unfortunately we won't be able to make something, time poor you see, so needs to be ready made.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Not a very good illustration, but the best I could find: http://www.acr.net.au/~comfydog/ They are called Comfey Dog Beds. They fold up in the middle, useful for travelling and moving out of the way when cleaning. Matresses & covers can be puchased separately. Highly recommended by our two
Carole
Supervisor

01-08-2005, 10:31 PM
they look great SB my OH is talking about camping next summer they would come in handy for the dogs
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Not a very good illustration, but the best I could find: http://www.acr.net.au/~comfydog/ They are called Comfey Dog Beds. They fold up in the middle, useful for travelling and moving out of the way when cleaning. Matresses & covers can be puchased separately. Highly recommended by our two

They look really good - did a search under google, nothing in the UK, and tried the link but their order form doesn't work LOL...I also saw another link that said that the owners of the business for Comfey Dog beds were up for sale...then came across a dog cot which looked like a camp stretcher for dogs except you can only get them in the states.....

Wonder why no one has considered bringing them into the UK - will keep searching there might be something out there.

Thanks SB - it's a really great product so I'll kee an eye out for something similar.
Meg
Supervisor

01-08-2005, 10:51 PM
MC I was trying to find a picture of a bed we used to have which was rather like the softbed but with support underneath and I found these which I had to share with you

Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

01-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Can't see those lasting the average pup very long
Meg
Supervisor

01-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Can't see those lasting the average pup very long
....no but arn't they fun , I am thinking of getting the first one for myself
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

01-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Oh dear Mini - a blue elephant? Just not your colour, but otherwise it would be a most tasteful and elegant addition to your decor. I rather like the Amaroni bed for myself, costs almost as much as a 'human' bed
Meg
Supervisor

01-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Oh dear Mini - a blue elephant? Just not your colour, but otherwise it would be a most tasteful and elegant addition to your decor. I rather like the Amaroni bed for myself, costs almost as much as a 'human' bed
...yes I like that one too but will have to cope with my feet hanging over the edge ....a bit cold in the winter unlike the elephant
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2005, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
MC I was trying to find a picture of a bed we used to have which was rather like the softbed but with support underneath and I found these which I had to share with you
LOL Mini

Eerrrrr don't know quite what to say about them......I think the word unusual springs to mind
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >