Whats it like owning 2 staffies?

I would love to get a little brother/sister for Greg,
But whats it like owning 2 staffies?
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Lots of work but equally lots of fun

I had Angel originally for about 1 year, she was 13 months when I decided to foster Sammie, who was 10 months. I fell in love immediatly as did Angel, so we decided to keep him. If I had planned it I would have waited till Angel was a little older as she is very hyper, but I wouldn't look back now, they adore each other, are great company for each other and it's twice as many staffie cuddles . But still twice as much work, so think about it lots

Oh, and lots of pics if you do go ahead
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Extremely hard work. Not only the extra feeding, walking, playing, mess clearing but also the extra muscles your gonna need for walking them

The up side to it is that you get twice the staffy hugs, smiles and kisses
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2006, 09:30 PM
i would suggest a bitch if u have a male, i find it hard work to have 2 males staffs
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-12-2006, 09:55 PM
I think if Georgie had it his way, he would have another SBT in the house too. He gets along with my CKCS fine, but she is no where near as playful as him.

I would give it great thought first though as it is a big responsibility. SBT are powerful dogs, who love their exercise, and like someone else said - you need good arm muscles to walk more than 1 of this breed

Hayley, why wouldn't you recommend 2 males? Do male and female get on better? I only ask as I will defiantly get another bull breed in the future, but I have always kept males.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2006, 09:59 PM
like 2 males or 2 bitches, there is more of a risk of the dogs fighting each other, both sexes tend to fight for dominance! im forever on top of mine they are never left alone together
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 12:27 PM
i have a staff bitch and a staffx male,i find it no different to having 1 and i had my bitch for four years before adding the male,i noticed a huge increase in vets bills and food bills but that is because both of mine have health probs like hayley says a bitch and dog is usually a good combination(but it depends very much on how happy your dog is with another male/female in the house) i walk with crutches and provided they are taught to walk without pulling you should have no bother, my pair go on a coupler so i only have one lead to deal with and no dogs tangling me up i have also found that they want to play with me less and play more with each other so i feel slightly redundant when they play together think about it very carefully and good luck