Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
The dog fighting was sick, very upsetting and clearly not enough is being done. Why couldn't an undercover police officer do what they guy did and get in with them so it can be cracked down on? It's sick.

I'll tell you why,because they are too busy doing other things like catching drug dealers,motorists,burglars and now they have the terrorist threats.
Personally IMO there should be a new force established to deal with this sort of problem.Somewhere on the lines of the rspca,with power off arrests etc. Take the load off our police force.
I agree like the ones in USA
bobbles
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-08-2007, 01:18 PM
All owners of fighting dogs are bad owners to me Moobli,what I was trying to say is they need to show more programmes on the good points of dogs and to make people more aware of responsible dog ownership because even though it wasn't aimed at Staffs the SBT owners will be affected because the general public still get APBT and SBT confussed, if people were made more aware of what an APBT was like more of them may be reported, all that programme showed was bad owners using dogs to fight for their enjoyment and dog attacks by APBT it should of made clear that these dogs were not to be confussed with any other breed and give more detail on what the APBT looked like.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 02:31 PM
To be honest i blame the evil sick b@st@rds who breed and train these dogs to be killing machines , shoot me down if you like but imo a dog only reacts to how it is trained ,.
Its Deed ,not breed in my opion xxdk
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
To be honest i blame the evil sick b@st@rds who breed and train these dogs to be killing machines , shoot me down if you like but imo a dog only reacts to how it is trained ,.
Its Deed ,not breed in my opion xxdk
It is the evil men and women involved in dog fighting that are to blame for using the dogs as weapons, but whether you like it or not the APBT was bred to fight, maim and kill other canines. It is in the breed's genetic make-up
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
It is the evil men and women involved in dog fighting that are to blame for using the dogs as weapons, but whether you like it or not the APBT was bred to fight, maim and kill other canines. It is in the breed's genetic make-up
I do agree with you Moobli that the APBT was bred as a fighting dog but using Caesar Millan as an example (not saying I agree with his training methods here, but that's another issue) you look at his pitbulls that he uses as stooge dogs and they are a perfect example of how they can be, with the correct handling.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
I do agree with you Moobli that the APBT was bred as a fighting dog but using Caesar Millan as an example (not saying I agree with his training methods here, but that's another issue) you look at his pitbulls that he uses as stooge dogs and they are a perfect example of how they can be, with the correct handling.
I am certainly not saying all pitbulls are lethal - sorry I have never seen Caesar Milan so cannot comment on him or his dogs, but unfortunately in my opinion the pit bull, as a breed, are predisposed to violence against other dogs.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
you look at his pitbulls that he uses as stooge dogs
What are 'stooge dogs' please ?? (His programme is on Sky but we rarely watch it since we not a fan of his methods either)
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
What are 'stooge dogs' please ?? (His programme is on Sky but we rarely watch it since we not a fan of his methods either)
Hi Losos

I've heard a couple of behaviourists refer to 'stooge dogs' in the past. Say for example you were trying to de-sensitise your dog agressive dog, you need your dog to see other dogs to get used to them. You can't always guarantee what dogs will be in the park when you go so if you use a friend's dog as a stooge you will know that it will be there & you can plan how close you want them to get, how long they should be there for etc, rather than just relying on an unfamiliar dog in the park.
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Well I must ad here,that it impressed the hell out of the little swines that own this type of dog around here,and they were all out in force today,letting them bark and act aggressive towards each other and any other animal in site,at one point there were nine teenagers near my gate,with five dogs,all barking,shouting,screaming etc,one of my elderly neighbours were to scared to leave their house,to get their little bit of shopping so I did it for them,and as I went to touch my gate,one of the dogs lunged at me,and owner got a French lesson from me,then of course I got all the abuse,ie;"Let your effing dogs out,then lets see what they can do," of course mouth almighty(ahem,me) piped up,"but personally I do not need a protection dog,mine are purely pets,and if you think that little boys like yourselves need looking after mebbe you had better go home to mummy," I called the on the beat bobby type persons and they said we will be out when we can ,but they had an increase in dog problems today,
Wendy
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Couldn't watch it!! I feel so sad that dogs are used in that way.. I have known a pit bull (years ago!) and he was a big softie! Because he was brought up correctly! I have no problem with any dog, but I do with bad owners and irresponsible breeders! I think any dog can turn and if you breed for the fighting gene than that will cause major problems... I just feel sad about it all!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >