Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DoggyWarrior
New Member!
Male 

13-06-2015, 05:13 AM

Dog Fighting

Hello everyone,

I think dog fighting is brutal and should be illegal everywhere, so don't get me wrong.

I know that dog fighting is illegal in all 50 U.S. states, even though there is no minimum prison time, it is still possible.

A lot of money can be made on dog fights, sometimes there are HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars exchanged in big fights. If someone knew what can produce a champion dog, that person may even become a millionaire.

I want to know all the areas where dog fighting is legal so I can convince people to make it illegal.

Does anyone know if it is legal in Canada or Mexico? I know it is legal in some areas in Japan but Japan is a long way to travel from the U.S.

Also, is it true that pit bulls are the most aggressive breed? Are they the preferred dog of choice when there are dog fights?
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2015, 07:25 AM
Um, Newark NJ...Callie has a hootie but no gonads and you don't know how many knuckleheads still ask if he's for sale. An American Bull who is un-neutered is worth big bucks. No gonads but still game...you can still get a few bucks...isn't that pathetic?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2015, 07:47 AM
No offense... but this bothersome to me. Why say things like "it's legal in Japan but that's too far from the US"? Honestly... it almost sounds as if the OP is looking for a place where it's okay to fight dogs without legal ramifications for their own purposes. I KNOW it's AWFUL to say that, but the entire way this is worded rubs me the ABSOLUTE wrong way. I'm not going to say anything else.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2015, 07:57 AM
Myra it bothered me too because it seemed a strange post to make as a first post.

I would be nice if you had introduced yourself in the introduction section first. I may have taken you a little more seriously then.
DoggyWarrior
New Member!
Male 

13-06-2015, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Myra it bothered me too because it seemed a strange post to make as a first post.

I would be nice if you had introduced yourself in the introduction section first. I may have taken you a little more seriously then.
Why, would it be a strange first post? I came onto this site with the specific goal to seek the information I posted about in this post.

Anyways I took your advice and introduced myself in the introduction section.

Anyways you should know I am passionately against dog fighting. I lived in Grand Rapids, MI, for a few years, and a lot of people I knew were betting on the underground dog fights. A very brutal environment and a lot of the ring games were tied up with the local games.

It was a lot of $$$ to say the least. I knew friends that made thousands every week off making good bets and breeding champions.

These things have to be stopped, and if it's not illegal everywhere, it ought to be. Which is why I was asking if there are any areas where there might be legitimate dog fighting businesses or ring games in North America, so I can make sure to avoid those areas and try to make a change and bring awareness of how brutal dog fighting can be.
DoggyWarrior
New Member!
Male 

13-06-2015, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
No offense... but this bothersome to me. Why say things like "it's legal in Japan but that's too far from the US"? Honestly... it almost sounds as if the OP is looking for a place where it's okay to fight dogs without legal ramifications for their own purposes. I KNOW it's AWFUL to say that, but the entire way this is worded rubs me the ABSOLUTE wrong way. I'm not going to say anything else.
Well, I would like to stop dog fighting, but Japan is too far away, and I don't understand the political climate in Japan, you feel me?

If I could make changes at home, that'd be best. Do you know some information you are withholding from me because you have doubts?

Do not, if you know of any legal jurisdiction for dog fights, please do share. Such as any jurisdictions where dog fighting may just be starting off so there aren't any single enterprise that holds a monopoly, that way, we can shut down those areas fast before they can grow. There's too much money in dog fights, it must be stopped.
DoggyWarrior
New Member!
Male 

13-06-2015, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by lovemybull View Post
Um, Newark NJ...Callie has a hootie but no gonads and you don't know how many knuckleheads still ask if he's for sale. An American Bull who is un-neutered is worth big bucks. No gonads but still game...you can still get a few bucks...isn't that pathetic?

Is your way of saying pit bull values mean so much in Newark, means there are a lot of ring games around?

Are you saying there are a lot of ring games in Newark NJ?

Are they all controlled by a single entity or is it more spattered among the gangs?

What are the rules? Is it time limit, judging, TKY, ghost, or KO?

Also what gambling stakes are we talking? Min. and Max? The only ones I've seen which I still can't believe I saw, it was just so evil and disgusting, usually run 100-150 for min bet, and 10,000 for max. And how are the odds played? I'd imagine it's never even money and a favorite is drawn out. I suppose it's also based on how many bets are placed on each dog for the ending odds.

Ty for sharing. We gotta stop these dog fighting people.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2015, 10:39 AM
I'm sorry if I upset you Nick, it was unintentional.
We are from different continents with different ways I guess.
Dog fighting has been banned in the UK since the 1800s although sadly it is making a resurgence.
I am vehemently against it too and hate pictures of it being posted all over the internet
DoggyWarrior
New Member!
Male 

13-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I'm sorry if I upset you Nick, it was unintentional.
We are from different continents with different ways I guess.
Dog fighting has been banned in the UK since the 1800s although sadly it is making a resurgence.
I am vehemently against it too and hate pictures of it being posted all over the internet
No need to apologize I am not upset at all.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by DoggyWarrior View Post
Also what gambling stakes are we talking? Min. and Max? The only ones I've seen which I still can't believe I saw, it was just so evil and disgusting, usually run 100-150 for min bet, and 10,000 for max. And how are the odds played? I'd imagine it's never even money and a favorite is drawn out. I suppose it's also based on how many bets are placed on each dog for the ending odds.
Good morning Nick, this subject hardly ever comes up on this forum because we are all dog lovers and speaking for myself I try to blank it out of my mind because I can't do anything. The name of the horrible evil Micheal Vick came up the other day, apparently he's having problems getting into a team now, some sort of justice I suppose, 'tho millions of football fans probably don't even know what he did.

But if you are young and have the means to really do something then good luck to you.

But I must ask, what does it matter what the gambling stakes are

I always say that you need to look beyond the dog and see the evil human who is behind it, that's where the law should be applied, but it seems not to be high on any Police Force list of crimes these days.

I would like to think that Canada has banned it, other countries such as Mexico I have no idea, in many countries human life is cheap and the life of a dog even cheaper so you would be better concentrating your efforts in America where at least you speak the lingo and can access legal services.

Your choice of user name might also put people off a little seeing as we are all dog lovers.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >