Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 07:50 AM

Would you use a mobile vet?

I just came across this website and wondered what you all thought and if you would use them if they were in your area.
http://www.thehomevet.co.uk/default.htm

The prices seem very good, but I wonder if it will last as can you make money with those prices?, considering you will not see that many clients in a day as most of your time will be spent travelling between them and then with the cost of fuel as it is.
I think I would be tempted to use them for routine things.
What are your views?
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 08:09 AM
It looks expensive to me. By the time you have paid the visit charge, the consultation charge (per pet) and the treatment charge (per pet), it will be quite a hefty bill. Presumably, if your pet needs to be treated in a surgery you will have to pay extra for that as well as she will have to pay to use it. I don't think I would use it but then I am in the fortunate position of being mobile myself - it could be a godsend to someone living miles from their nearest vet and with no transport.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 08:18 AM
I think is particually useful for people who may not drive or have good transportation links in their area (live in remote locations,), people who have had an accident which prevents them leaving the house or even elderly people who don't travel much or legally allowed to drive....

There must be a demand for it.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Rural vets come out if requested. A few years ago i hurt my leg & car was in lock up garage 15 mins away & area where car was, was flooded. Phoned my local vet & lady vet was here within the hour. Wouldnt take money, said they'd bill us at end of the month, which they did. For coming out, in adverse weather, examining dog, diagnosis & medication which involved injection & tablets, it came to £40. I thought that was excellent value for money.

In fact some town vets will do home visits, however no doubt they would be more expensive - thinking of vets we used to go to.