View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm glad Kiki's had a few good days and hopefully last night was a one off! It must be exhausting, you've done sooooo well dealing with it.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 07:41 AM
I'm absolutely knackered today, that's for sure - the 1.30am wakeup call with her scratching on the hallway door didn't help but I'm trying not to give in and leave the door open as it's not something I want to do permanently (partly so that there's at least one extra door between them and the front door for safety). After making sure it wasn't genuine whines for toilet breaks and trying to settle her down by scattering some treats before heading up to bed, I just ignored the last few and she did eventually settle.
I'm not sure I'm doing that well dealing with it, internally I am absolutely fed up, but OH is frustrated by it all and I know that joining in with him would only antagonise the situation. So externally I am being hopeful and telling him it's not permanent, she's getting better all the time, etc. - internally I'm wondering if it will ever end!

In positive news, at least my problems seem to be shifting from one dog to the other instead of both at the same time - Casper is being fab. He's been a bit bark-y at next door's dogs in this heat but to be fair to him, they've been very vocal too. But this morning I decided to brave the big park near us in the hopes of a stress-busting walk full of sniffing interesting smells (we went the other night when it was completely empty and they loved sniffing the dog smells), I spotted two other dog walkers and almost chickened out but the dogs looked well-behaved enough, 3 of them off-lead but not bothering each other so in I went. Casper had a look over at the dogs but then ignored them and proceeded to sniff all in the long grass. I didn't push it by going directly past them, I left at the other end of the park, but to have shared an enclosed park with 3 other dogs is enough of an achievement for me
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Hopefully Kiki will come through it, she IS better than she was even if it's a bit inconsistent. Chin up! I know it's hard to remain positive all the time with behavioural issues, and even more frustrating with Kiki as its new.

But way to go Casper! And well done for not chickrning out

Sounds like you need a holiday. We should go to that Correction Cottage or whatever it was called that you found
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if they all came back corrected
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Indeed. And if they don't, we'll sue them for false advertising
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Too tired, too warm, the Pet Remedy diffuser making a difference or maybe even just plain luck...but today's video showed one solitary 'wuff' - and even that had a bit of an external trigger as there was a leaflet stuck in the letter box and Casper had guard-barked on the video, so I think the presence of the leaflet dropper made Kiki a bit anxious. But no spinning, no barking sessions, one pathetic half-bark, a bit of pacing, and she settled back down again for the last half hour
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Brilliant news! The hot weather probably is helping, Cain is essential comotose through summer
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Thursday, 3 barks all day (just in the morning really), today, 2 solitary barks Getting there, she seems a lot more chilled in the evening too, not leaping up to follow me across the room or into the other room, and less reactive to dogs out on walks (this morning I walked the pair of them past a Retriever on the opposite side of the road without a peep from either!). We had a little bit more whining Wednesday night but OH was back last night and we had silence, so I think she just gets a little unsettled to only have one of "her people" check back in and worries when she realises OH isn't home at night.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Aw bless her, she has taken such a long time to settle into the new house. Hopefully this is finally the light at the end of the tunnel
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Well done everyone

This morning in the pouring rain I met a lady with two collies we've never met before.
I stopped to chat with her and to watch Teg playing with them you would think he has no dog issues whatsoever!
Four dogs playing with one ball and having a great time

He has seen lots of dogs he knows recently which builds his confidence. Walked with Leanne_W Friday, yesterday morning saw a friend briefly with her two dogs, one of which is reactive to dogs in his face, him and Teg get on well and are really polite with each other, then yesterday evening he had play time and a walk with Shambles.
Having Hocus has boosted his confidence too and helps him be more relaxed with dogs around.
Page 91 of 101 « First < 41 81 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 > Last »