Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 08:37 PM

Would you have a wolf as a pet?

Ok basically over on Catsey a couple of people are of the thinking that a wolf as a pet is no different from having a dog as a pet and clearly I can't say anything to make and sense to them so i'm calling for back up.

So basically, would you own a wolf as a pet and why? Or why not? And do you think that having a pet dog is the same as taming a wild wolf from a cub.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Nope but I would love a cheetah LOL
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
Nope but I would love a cheetah LOL
Haha I said i'd love a clouded leopard or a serval lol. x
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Ok basically over on Catsey a couple of people are of the thinking that a wolf as a pet is no different from having a dog as a pet and clearly I can't say anything to make and sense to them so i'm calling for back up.

So basically, would you own a wolf as a pet and why? Or why not? And do you think that having a pet dog is the same as taming a wild wolf from a cub.
No I wouldn't own a wolf as a pet because I don't know how to handle/look after them properly. I am sure that owning and training a dog is miles away from a wolf. Surely a wolf is a wild animal and dogs are domesticated?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Annajayne View Post
No I wouldn't own a wolf as a pet because I don't know how to handle/look after them properly. I am sure that owning and training a dog is miles away from a wolf. Surely a wolf is a wild animal and dogs are domesticated?
Well that's what I thought too, I thought it was just common sense but apparently not!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 08:51 PM
As much as I'd love one, it would be wrong and is whole different thing from having a domesticated dog as a pet.

As they are cat people, why don't you ask them if they would have a tiger as a pet? Apart from a bigger litter tray surely if a wolf is no different to a dog a tiger is no different to a cat?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
As much as I'd love one, it would be wrong and is whole different thing from having a domesticated dog as a pet.

As they are cat people, why don't you ask them if they would have a tiger as a pet? Apart from a bigger litter tray surely if a wolf is no different to a dog a tiger is no different to a cat?
I tried, oh how I tried, apparently that's not the same though!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 08:59 PM
No, but I would also love a big cat, a black panther please!!
Its a bit different seeing as the domestic dog has been domesticated over hundreds of years and a wolf hasn't... a cat is less domesticated so maybe a tiger would be easier!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
No, but I would also love a big cat, a black panther please!!
Its a bit different seeing as the domestic dog has been domesticated over hundreds of years and a wolf hasn't... a cat is less domesticated so maybe a tiger would be easier!!
Oh but imagine the poops! No ta!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Cat people, eh? What can you say to people who cuddle animals that wash in their own spit?
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »