View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Natalia_leigh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2009, 01:02 AM
Just read and watched the video now i dont know what to think this is really awful im ashamed that ive watched this show now
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2009, 07:15 AM
He was in the UK in the last couple weeks visiting and ADVISING one Cat care at a few animal parks. It was not announced for fear of trouble, which they promptly got at one venue he was found out to be visiting. Their guest book/blog thingy was over run and had to be removed!
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Kind of OT but did anyone watch that programme a while back with the crazy dude who interacted with the brown bears? He went to camp in Canada in a part of the remote country which was densly populated with bears... and got eaten! His poor girlfriend was killed too. The guy was nuts, broke the rules about how close you were allowed to get to the bears, interfering with nature. Interaction with wild animals, IMO, unless for conservation reasons, shouldn't be allowed.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Are you Lion man supporters aware of the things he has done? Like Declawing, kicking a Lion (or tiger) cub, and the fact he doesnt even have access to the park at all because his mother had him removed?
I never knew that, but I don't like him, one thing that sticks out is that he has taken cubs away from their mother (who was caring for them) so that they see people when they first open their eyes, so that he can teach them to do tricks, or when he picked up a tiger cub when it was born and then said that he didn't know why the mother rejected it I think that I might.

Also he said that one time he got attacked by a tiger as he didn't she was pregnant, he must of had some idea, I mean he must of put the male with her, and should of been careful.

Ok rant over.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2009, 03:18 PM
I've just been disgussing this on another forum.

My view of Craig Bush aka the lionman, in 2 words.
Prat, scum.

He cracked his girlfriend/wife's spine, and has previous for asault on another woman. But that's ok, because he cuddles lions and tigers, which he takes from their mother, and gives to someone else to raise, doesn't do it himself. He also declaws, and there have been reports that he has abused some of his animals.

He breeds colour morphs in the name of conservation, what crap. Thats like me, breeding snow cornsnakes, and saying its for the conservation of the species, when it has no benafit to the wild populations at all.

He is due back in court, soon, to try to get access to his park., then he is planning on visiting the uk again, lucky us eh.

Though there is some good news. Irecieved this reply, from the formentioned disgussion on another forum.

Tazer , most UK zoos belonging to BIAZA will not be recieving a visit from the Lion man as BIAZA (the professional body that overseas most UK zoos) has stated that they will not accept him visiting their members and those zoos have agreed to abide by this so good news on that front
Can you tell I don't like him
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
I've just been disgussing this on another forum.

My view of Craig Bush aka the lionman, in 2 words.
Prat, scum.

He cracked his girlfriend/wife's spine, and has previous for asault on another woman. But that's ok, because he cuddles lions and tigers, which he takes from their mother, and gives to someone else to raise, doesn't do it himself. He also declaws, and there have been reports that he has abused some of his animals.

He breeds colour morphs in the name of conservation, what crap. Thats like me, breeding snow cornsnakes, and saying its for the conservation of the species, when it has no benafit to the wild populations at all.

He is due back in court, soon, to try to get access to his park., then he is planning on visiting the uk again, lucky us eh.

Though there is some good news. Irecieved this reply, from the formentioned disgussion on another forum.

Can you tell I don't like him
I don't like him either, but the more I hear of him the more I don't like him, I also don't like the whole breeding for a certain colour thing, he seemed obsessed with white animals.

Also have the enclouseres at the park got any better??
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2009, 09:17 PM
We're not the only ones who don't like him either.

I know, he is a bit obsessed with white cats. I had to laugh when I heard himm on one of his episodes, someone asked him what the rarest species of lion was, he said white lion, which is a colour mutation, not a species.

As far as I'm aware, the enclosures are still the same.

He is saying it isn't safe without him there, especially after Dalu was killed by one of the tigers. I don't believe it would be any safer with him there. It is the encouragement of such close contact with the animals, that puts people in danger, not who is working there. A properly constructed lion/tiger enclosure can be opperated and cleaned, without having to enter with the animal in the same space.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4