Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2011, 09:59 PM

Patricia McConnell

Have any of you ever been to any talks by Patricia McConnell? What did you think?

There is one coming up in Scotland very soon and, although expensive, I'm very tempted.

She never seems to come over here so wondering if I should just take the chance whilst the opportunity is there, even though it's a lot of money.

http://www.patriciamcconnell.com/
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2011, 10:05 PM
Go for it.
Jonesy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Im going on sat &sun,looking forward to it
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 10:28 AM
I've decided against it. After having looked in to it, it seems very expensive for a seminer of what appears to be about the content of her books and DVD's, there doesn't appear to be anything knew that I'm aware of.

Jonesy - hope you have a good time!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
it seems very expensive for a seminer of what appears to be about the content of her books and DVD's,
Actually £175 for two days is not all that bad, you can pay that and more for a one day seminar from a leading figure in engineering, telecoms, etc.

And I used to find that the benefit of a two day event was that you could make a list of questions and put them directy to the speaker on the second day.

But you have identified a common problem with these seminars, namely that they do tend to become another way of 'selling' their books and DVD's and often what is in the books is what is given in the lecture, so if you can read and analyse words and you're willing to 'work' at getting the true meaning from the book then it's obviously a much more cost effective way of learning.