View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-02-2005, 12:09 PM
I agree completely with Jenny. Put his food down, wait 20 min etc. They manipulate you. As long as there is nothing wrong with his mouth, then he wont starve to death. He will soon learn that he needs to eat straight away. It is also more hygienic, germs spread on food left out (flies). Also i would doubt that he is having problems with the food not being soft enough, as Im sure you are feeding the Hills puppy/growth, which is designed for puppies. Dont give in. It will break your heart sooner than it will break his!!!

I have a big overgrown baby (boerboel x Lab) who gobbles his food as soon as you put it down, and he gets nothing but dry Eukanuba pellets. He doesnt get fussy EVER!!! But then we were quite hard in the beginning. Now if we do sometimes put something interesting in it, he does not expect it next time.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2005, 07:55 AM
I have never yet had a pup who eats 3 meals a day.
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2005, 09:58 PM
he sounds lovely I must have greedy dogs my dogs would eat all day if i let them even as pups
finnigan31
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2005, 09:42 PM
My 3 have strict meal times but they would eat all day if we let them.
Clyde use to leave food when we just had him but he soon learned after Bonnie arrived that if he did`nt eat it there & then Bonnie would and there would be no more to next meal time

yvonne
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-02-2005, 04:30 AM
It is important that young puppies do have 3 or 4 meals a day. Their stomachs are too tiny to hold all the food that is neccessary to fuel their growing bodies in one or two goes. If the pup does not want to eat at luchtime then decrease slightly the amount fed morning and evening. This is better than overloading their stomachs and digestive systems.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2