View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Thanks for all the help it seems the Arden Grange light does not have the added glucosamine where as the whites does the Arden Grange senior has it and I am looking for a light dog food to keep weight off.

The F plan looks good but again the light does not have the added glucosamine in which I am specifically looking for.
Double Trouble
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Can you not give the glucosamine as an addition? I am assuming you are wanting to add this for an older dog, there are many supplements available, not very knowledgeable myself but sure there are members who could perhaps advise you
regards
DT
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
Can you not give the glucosamine as an addition? I am assuming you are wanting to add this for an older dog, there are many supplements available, not very knowledgeable myself but sure there are members who could perhaps advise you
regards
DT
I could he is on a holistic approach already as recommended by his breeder he is not that old 4 in June but a large breed dog.

I am looking to use a good grade kibble with the added glucosamine in as he is fed a raw diet, but he will be keeping to his raw in the morning with his forever freedom and have a good kibble at night I also need one that will keep his weight down and have now decided after much research to go with orijen as it contains no grains and they have a senior one which will be better for his weight and has the added ingredients I need for him.

Thanks for your help.
Double Trouble
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Have heard nothing but good reports re the origen, that said never tried myself, as was always concerned re the protien content , but have been told on more then one occassion that it is the quality of the protien that we should be concerned with! and it seems that the origen use top quality ingredients.

However, as I said, My preferred diet is nature diet, the dry is secondry.
All the best
DT
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2010, 03:33 PM
The protein contents in Orijen comes from all the high meat content and as Ollie is fed raw he has a high protein diet so shouldn't make too much difference too him.

I like Nature diet and he was on it for a while when he had upset tummy but I do like the raw mainly and with the Orijen its pretty near to that too be able too feed him the mixture.

Reading the ingredients it has a lot of herbs that also have natural inflammatories so hopefully it will make a difference to him. It is quite expensive thats the problem but he won't be having it twice a day so it should go further.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2