Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 10:01 AM

Poppy's first season....what to expect

Morning everyone,
Over the last week or so Poppy seems to be different, more possessive (sp) over her chew bones etc.
We have also noticed that Ben is becoming more interested in her nether regions He has started to try and hump her, He did do this when we first got her but that was just curiosity I think, When he comes near her she lifts her leg, as if to say..."Go on then?"
Now she is licking 'down there' and she has tried to make a few nests, scratching at her bed for ages, pinching towels and taking them to her bed.
Ben is neutered so what should I do? I know he can't give her pups, but can he, for want of another word, do the buisness?
I have had a quick peep she does look a little bit swollen, no bleeding or anything yet.

Elaine xx
She is just over 8 months now
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Ben is neutered so what should I do? I know he can't give her pups, but can he, for want of another word, do the buisness?
Yes he can mate some neutered dogs do, some don't. I'd be wary of leaving them alone together as if they do manage to do the deed and one or both then panic they could hurt themselves
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
Yes he can mate some neutered dogs do, some don't. I'd be wary of leaving them alone together as if they do manage to do the deed and one or both then panic they could hurt themselves

Oh dear thanks Anne I didn't know that, I should though shouldn't I I have had bitches before but never with a male dog together. When we got Jake our Boxer, Cassie our Cocker Spaniel was already speyed and he was neutered.
Thanks
Elaine xx
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Oh dear thanks Anne I didn't know that, I should though shouldn't I I have had bitches before but never with a male dog together. When we got Jake our Boxer, Cassie our Cocker Spaniel was already speyed and he was neutered.
Thanks
Elaine xx
I didn't know until a friend looked out her window and saw her in season bitch being mated by her castrated boy. She hadn't come across it until that minute either
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
I didn't know until a friend looked out her window and saw her in season bitch being mated by her castrated boy. She hadn't come across it until that minute either
oops
Elaine xx