Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 04:21 PM

The Husky Bitch, Call of the Wild, Alaska

Calling those who watched the above:

Assumming we were told the truth and I do not see why the man on the programme would lie...Did anyone else think the man that owned the Huskies was out of order ref the bitch being pregnant and not being bothered I felt so sorry for the bitch and then the frozen puppy
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Did'nt see it what happened? Frozen pup? Bitch pregnant and not bothered? Dont like the sound of it.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Did'nt see it what happened? Frozen pup? Bitch pregnant and not bothered? Dont like the sound of it.
Same. I agree.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 07:27 PM
It has been on Sky a few times and was on again the other night, channel Eden. It is about a man from Scotland , who goes to Alaska and lives in the wilderness for a while. He borrows a team of Huskies (he actually got bitten by one when he went to collect them, as they got a bit aggressive towards each other):
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...ka-413341.html

Another thing that struck me was that the dogs were quite aggressive and he mentioned that if his pet dog was near the 'working dogs', that it would get killed. It made me wonder whether the working Huskies are more primitive out there????
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-07-2010, 08:39 PM
I thought it was a shame. After all if they didn't want the pups why did they let her get pregnant in the first place?

I think the aggression came from the conditions, the dogs seemed to be chained when not working which leads to a build up of barrier frustration which comes out as aggression.

Adam
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 08:57 PM
much rawer life over there for huskys hence we say they are a hardy ancient primative breed... thay have to be

yes the huskys would attack a strange pet dog that was silly enough to ignore warnings.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
I thought it was a shame. After all if they didn't want the pups why did they let her get pregnant in the first place?

Adam
I do not know if the man was lent her whilst she was pregnant or whether she became pregnant whilst he had her. He was clearly very upset about the situation, but had little control over it If the owner had her spayed , non of it would of happened. I also wondered whether she was pregnant when she has been 'lent/hired' or whether it happened later.

Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
much rawer life over there for huskys hence we say they are a hardy ancient primative breed... thay have to be

yes the huskys would attack a strange pet dog that was silly enough to ignore warnings.
If the programme is anything to go by, it did not seem the best of lives Did you watch the programme? The pet dog was lovely and was kept away from the 'working dogs'.