Our sister sites
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-08-2012, 09:03 PM

Fell out with bella

bella is one of the horses on the farm,
had to walk her to a new paddock down the lane today
well she has better ideas of where to go and we span around in about 200 loops before i got her to walk to the right way, and then as we let the boss past she kicked his brand new car that bit i nearly laughed out loud at
i think she was in a bad mood,
took over on hour to walk what normally takes 10 mins walking her or 5 trotting which is what she normally does
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2012, 09:11 PM
I feel your pain!!

I'm very angry with my ponies, they've both jumped out of my field into the farmers fields, snapping the barbed wire! It's sods law, it's the only bit thats fenced, the rest is tall stone walls!! Luckily the farmer is really nice and said that he's more than happy for them to stay in there, there's just not enough water for them & his sheep! I did try and catch them, but no, they want to stay the night! I've popped a bucket of water for them and they WILL be coming back into my field tomorrow, when I have back up to catch them!!!! (I can't see any major injuries from jumping the fence, but couldn't get within 30yards of them, so they'll have a thorough inspection tomorrow!!)
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Oops! To both of you lol.
How do you catch a pony that doesn't want to be caught? I have always wondered when I've been bribing Dusty when she's being cheeky! Lol

Helen
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Oops! To both of you lol.
How do you catch a pony that doesn't want to be caught? I have always wondered when I've been bribing Dusty when she's being cheeky! Lol

Helen
We leave them out! they can then get great pleasure watching everything else eating dinner while they go hungry! Always fine to catch the next time surprisingly!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2012, 06:55 PM
When I was younger, the owner of the yard I rode at had a very highly strung T/B mare who was a devil to catch. One day I got fed up with following her around the field so just plonked myself down and started rustling a crisp packet I had in my pocket. Her stomach got the better of her and she came over, hoping I had nom noms for her and I just stood up and caught her. Earned me a few brownie points that day!!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2012, 05:19 AM
Lol. Food certainly works for Dusty. I thought there might be a magic solution i didn't know about lol.

Helen