24-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Oh my, that sounds quite rude!
And painfull I would think
proudmummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-05-2011, 06:31 PM
She has never bought a dog, she always goes for the ads that are giving them away. She says that there is no point spending good money on a dog
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Well I have to say I have never bought a dog either but mine are loved and looked after unlike hers.
proudmummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Ollies mum View Post
Oh I am so happy for him-well done you!!!!!!!!
He looks so much better and must feel so much happier without the chain and after a bath.

I understand what Moobli is saying-if she would sell the B.C will she just get other dogs to replace them-but how could you see a dog like that and not feel that you had to try and get it out of the situation.
You should be feeling very proud of yourself -because of you ,one of her dogs is going to spend its first night of freedom
Maureen
And actually sleep on a bed and not bare floor, i have given him a spare quilt for the moment and he keeps rolling around on it.
proudmummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Milk maid View Post
Well I have to say I have never bought a dog either but mine are loved and looked after unlike hers.
He is the first dog i have bought
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-05-2011, 07:09 PM
*some posts have been removed*
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by proudmummy View Post
She probably will get more but if she does im going to be there fighting for them. I tried to get merlin the BC but she was having none of it. She said she 'loves' him to much i have already contacted GSD league rescue and they said they will take him if i need them to. I might get a trainer/behaviourist to come and asses him, there is a very good man called chris briggs that lives near me. If there is hope for him to change his aggresive ways he would help.
Chris briggs is very good.

Personally I do think you are potty giving this woman money for a dog when she has a history of this behaviour; whilst it is great for THIS dog that it is out of the situation I cannot help feeling that as the only consequences for keeping this dog in the conditions you describe is getting a lot of money, the temptation for this person is surely to repeat the behaviour?

It is difficult I know, but it is your money.

Best of luck.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Good luck to you and all of the dogs involved, hopefully just by treating this dog properly his behaviour will change.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Wow i think it fantastic what you have done, you have saved this dog from a life of misery and sadness. Well done xxxxx

Please keep us updated with how you and him get on, I think it's amazing he has let you bath him! It took me 3 weeks to get my rescue Kita to let me get him anywhere near water when we first got him! xxx
Closed Thread
Page 14 of 24 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »