View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 11:08 AM
I think LEGALLY you have to have an address on the dogs tag and also your name aswell
Female 

26-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Managed to get some on Ebay and they should be here tomorrow - thanks for all the links

I have never [and never will] put any of my dog's names on their tags, or my own, or my full address! I put the house number, the postcode and both landline & mobile numbers.

Ani
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by minter View Post
Just be careful how much info you put in your tags.
I know of thiefs pretending to be dog lovers and making a fuss of peoples dogs when they`re on walks. All they are really doing is geting the dogs name and the address off the tag. They then go there when the owners are out and steal the dog.
This really works for them when they are stealing to order.
Better off with just the dogs name and a phone number.
Its a sad but true fact that dog theft is a big problem in some areas.
Thats very true. My insurance company always advised just to put the number of my vets on the tags. This is especially important if your dog goes into kennels as people can trace the fact you are away from the dogs tags. My two only have tags saying they are identichipped for this very reason. All the info is in the dog, not on the dog!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
Thats very true. My insurance company always advised just to put the number of my vets on the tags. This is especially important if your dog goes into kennels as people can trace the fact you are away from the dogs tags. My two only have tags saying they are identichipped for this very reason. All the info is in the dog, not on the dog!
I have 2 tags, incase one falls off!
One has my info on, and the other says
"Phone my vet (vets phone number
I am microchipped, please scan me
I am spayed"
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
I have 2 tags, incase one falls off!
One has my info on, and the other says
"Phone my vet (vets phone number
I am microchipped, please scan me
I am spayed"
I never thought to put "I am Spayed" but that is a good idea Hevver. I have a spare disc for when I go away which just says If found please call mobile and then my mobile number, and on the reverse Vehicle Reg M11 GSP
Really, how do you know if you are giving out too much info, if lost I want my dog to have every chance of being returned. I never put my dogs name on their tags though, everytime we re-home a dog we tell new families not to but you would be surprised how many do. We even have instructions on their paperwork and you get to wondering if people actually read anything at all!!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 07:09 PM
I have Teagans name on her tag.
I don't see what difference it makes. She answers to any name anyway, and i'd rather if she did get lost, and found by someone nice, that they could call her by her real name.

I put the bit about spayed incase she was ever stolen with a view to breed her.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 08:31 AM
i have only got the dogs name and my mobile number on there tags as my mobile is on 24/7 so thought that was the best one. but all my dogs are chipped as well.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2