Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 10:03 PM

My baby is growing up!!

Well Vienna is growing up! She has started her first season today. As i havent had a bitch before, any helpful hints and tips to make this as easy and stress free for all would be greatly appreciated!! (Thanks in advance!)

Murphy (although he has already been 'done') has not shown the slightest bit of interest in her so does that mean he wont show any interest in her or just not yet? Or is it just that his blankie is the only one for him? (Wolfie will know what i am talking about haha)

Just wondering if she is likely to go off her food or want more food or water than usual? Want to make it as easy as possible for her as she is rather restless today so think she might be a little unsettled by it?

Awww this may be quite sad but i am feeling all warm and fuzzy to know that my baby is growing up and turning into a beautiful, young lady dog! She is exactly 9 months and 9 days old.
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 10:07 PM
I know some bitches can go a bit skiddish and nervous on their first season

It hits some dogs worse than others some it knocks for six and some take absolutely no notice

As for Murphy he might not take any notice for a few days yet But im sure someone who knows better will be along soon

Good luck and enjoy following behind her with a mop
bucilla
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-09-2006, 10:11 PM
i cant help with the girl dog bit as ive only got storm my boy, but i can understand the mussy bit about feeling all warm when you look at them and realise how much they are growing and changing . it only feels like yesterday when we brought him home and hes allready a big 14month old beautiful boy.

love colette
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Well when our NI Inca came into season we tried Mikki pants to help with the mess. But no matter what she managed to get round them to clean herself. We got so desperate she even ended up wearing Tena lady's in her Mikki pants. Bitch in season and cream carpets don't mix!

She got fed up at not going out, and luckily Tonto being younger wasn't any more interested than normal. To be honest she was so swollen round the back I wouldn't have taken her out anyway, poor girl.

As we weren't intending to breed from her, or go through that again, she was then done and is a happy girlie again.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 12:04 AM
I don't have any advice but congratulations to your girl on growing up
I hope she doesn't feel too fed up
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
Well when our NI Inca came into season we tried Mikki pants to help with the mess. But no matter what she managed to get round them to clean herself. We got so desperate she even ended up wearing Tena lady's in her Mikki pants. Bitch in season and cream carpets don't mix!
firstly congrats to Vienna.. she`s a big girl now

Nobody (male dogs, all castrated) took any notice when mia had her first season. She didn`t even do the tail cocked over to the side thing.. maybe she just weren`t up for it.. just like her mum

We also used the mikki pants (as she sleeps on our bed)... family reckoned she looked like a pole dancer in a little black thong She used to remove the pad.. so i sewed in pantie shields.. just a quick running stitch.. that way she couldn`t shift them

That takes me to an amusing story.. with my sister`s bitch. I gave her mia`s pants when her kizz was in season.. my sister too used the sticky backed pantie shields.. on a school run.. sarah (sister) got out the car.. when my mum said to her.."what that stuck to the back of your skirt"? you guessed it.. kizzie`s sanny towel

Love and kisses to Vienna.. make a fuss of her
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by janie View Post

That takes me to an amusing story.. with my sister`s bitch. I gave her mia`s pants when her kizz was in season.. my sister too used the sticky backed pantie shields.. on a school run.. sarah (sister) got out the car.. when my mum said to her.."what that stuck to the back of your skirt"? you guessed it.. kizzie`s sanny towel
One of our old jack russells was in season once, we'd gone shopping and when we came home she was sat on my Mum's bed in big white fluffy nest! Then we realised.... she'd been into the bathroom cupboard, taken a whole pack of sanny towels and ripped them up on the bed. Well she sort of had the right idea!
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 07:15 PM
:smt043 :smt043
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 07:30 PM
I cried when my gal Minnie had her first season at 5 months... poor mite didnt know what was goin on. She soon learned how to clean herself by her second season all she wanted to do was go out on the tiles...yeah right got her spayed and shes been fine since
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Bit of mixed feelings when they grow up huh... Part of ya looks forward to it but part missed the puppy.....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >