Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 07:01 PM

Benji is behaving very weird.

I took him down to school as usual and he had some off lead walking and he was fine running about and as happy as normal. When we got home after about 20 mins I heard him running up and down the stairs but I thought he was just playing with Laura so took no notice. Then he came downstairs and was acting really funny. He was panting and just couldn't seem to settle down and kept dashing about as if something was after him all the time I phoned my o/h to see if we could take him to the vets but he wasn't answering his mobile as he had his chain saw on He doesn't seem in pain because he's not whingeing or anything but he doesn't seem right. He wants to be on his own and doesn't want anyone near him which is unusual. I decided to see if he wanted a walk to see what he did and he bounced about all excited and dragged me out of the house and we had a 25 min walk round the fields and he had a poo which was solid and looked okay. He hasn't been sick and the only bit of food he has had since he came back from school was a very small bit of ham muffin which he always waits for when Rhianna brings her lunchbox home He is still interested in eating because he ate a small amount of brown bread which I was just testing him with to see if he still felt like eating. I just don't know what is wrong with him - has anyone any ideas? I have to go to the doctors in the morning but o/h is off tomorrow so if he is still acting weird I am going to take him to the vets to see if they have any ideas. He ran to the door barking when o/h came in but then flopped down again on the floor. He seems a bit depressed but I don't know why when he was fine before.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 07:04 PM
aww poor benji i hope you get to the bottom of this i know my two run round scatty hours before a storm comes they seem to sence bad weather coming in aww give him loads of hugs from me and my gang
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Thanks Jenn - I hate seeing him upset but don't know what to do at all. I doubt the vet would know either but at least he can have a good feel round tomorrow if he is still like this - he'll probably perk up if we go to the vets cos its his favourite place
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 07:07 PM
aww i hope you get it sorted its horrible to see them upset in this manner and you dont know why they are like it
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-09-2006, 07:16 PM
He could be just having an adrenelin burst Foxy which would give him a lot of energy and wont let him settle.Vegas occasionally gets them and he turns into a delinquent on lead pulling like crazy,but off-he runs around like an idiot.

If his behaviour worries you-phone the vet tommorrow morning and see what they say.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Yes he is really worrying me Steve - he has just gone outside and lay down by the gate and thats not like him at all - he usually wants to come in again when we shut the back door He looks calm though but just seems to want his own space. We have touched him all over and he doesn't seem to be in any pain so I can't understand why he is like this. All I can think of is I wonder if he has a urine infection or something because he did seem to be cocking his leg a lot when he was out but he was also sniffing at everything a lot more than he usually does - he was like a bloodhound sniffing at all the doorsteps where dogs lived.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Sorry to hear Benji isn't feeling himself, hope he's back to his old self soon

Big hugs for Benji xx
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Poor teddy bear hope you get on ok tomorow.
x
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Thanks everyone. I hope he's not bloomin pretending because he is a bit of an actor sometimes, I think he does tend to put things on for attention sometimes - not that he doesn't get enough already but I think he loves us all feeling sorry for him
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Thanks everyone. I hope he's not bloomin pretending because he is a bit of an actor sometimes, I think he does tend to put things on for attention sometimes - not that he doesn't get enough already but I think he loves us all feeling sorry for him
Smart dog
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »