View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bucilla
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-09-2006, 04:45 PM
storms kc name is snow storm prince and he was like a little storm in a tea cup so thats what he got called
elvis's_Mummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-09-2006, 06:18 PM
You guy's have some great reasons why....

.... Mine just simply because i am an Elvis fan !!!
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Bodhi...

Well - I was PLANNING on getting a little fella, and had thought up the name Brodie, or Bodie.

As it goes, I ended up choosing the norty little blue eyed madam, and so had to think up lady names.

Bodhi is a buddhist word meaning ataining enlightenment.

Here is a quote from wikipedia - can explain it better than I can:

"Bodhi in Buddhism specifically means the awakening experience attained by Gautama Buddha and his disciples.

It is sometimes described as complete and perfect sanity, or awareness of the true nature of the universe."

I love this definition, and think of Bodhi as MY awakening.
welikeart
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2006, 06:42 PM
Firstly I named my daughter "Brighde" which is the Celtic Goddess of Poetry and also means "bright".

Also has connections with St. Brighde and her followers or disciples were called "Gilliebrighdes" so when I got one of our dogs for my daughter as a friend and companion due to bullying at school we called him "Gillie" for short.

This word also mean servant as in a scottish gillie.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 09:56 AM
WELL HARVEY WANTED TO CALL ALFIE.......STUART !!!!
I WANTED TO CALL HIM BERT AND OH WANTED TO CALL HIM ALPHA SO WE KINDA ENDED UP WITH ALFIE AS WE COULDN'T ALL AGREE
kiwijan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Jonah we named after a famous rugby player in NZ - Jonah Lomu. When we got Jonah (the pup) it was at the same time that Jonah (Lomu) was making a come-back playing for Cardiff after recovering from a major kidney disease. We liked the name too.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 10:55 AM
well my betsy is named ofter my nan (betty) who dies 11yrs ago she was so calm and loving just like her.

smudge got her name because when she was born the mark on her side looked like smudge...lol

taz got his name because my partner loves the tazmainan devil...he can be as well.

trigger well i love tigger but he is not orange in colour so added the R.

and my baby girl she is roo and thats because as soon as she could move around it looked like she was jumping.

thats my little family ...lol

sam
sarah howard
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Tess was called Tess as we just liked it! She was called Bonnie in the dogs home but I wasn't keen on it (no offence any "bonnie" owners!!!!). Shearer got his name by my husband who is a huge mad blackburn rovers fan and still idolises Alan Shearer!!! As he's black and white he also looks like a newcastle player
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 11:35 AM
A couple of our dogs already had their names i,e rescues we've always looked in the sense well why bother its the only bit of familiarity they happen to know, so why change.

Spike was called Spike when we had him (we only changed his pedigree name) his name just happened to suit.

Pearl (was my daughters doing) shes named after a lightbulb (trying to think of names for he only the daughter beat us to it)

Rheeta was my choice as we'd thought of so many names for her, for a long time after we brought her home she was just called 'pup' because nothing seemed to suit her I realised I couldnt call her pup for much longer as she had actually started to answer to it so the choice had to be made and quick (was a long running Joke we should have called her Osram to go along with Pearl who was named after a lightbulb)
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Loki got his name after I looked through loads of name sites and wanted a name with a meaning, Loki was one that I liked being the name of the god of mischief I thought it might jinx me if I called him that, decided to see the pups first and pick a name that suited him, well I fell in love with the naughiest pup in the litter, even at 4 weeks he managed to escape twice whilst the breeder was putting all the pups in their pen and he had a wicked glint in his eye, but I wanted my pup to chose me so I got in the pen with the pups and called puppy, deciding which ever pup came to me first I would have well up bounded my naughty puppy and I couldnt have been more pleased and no other name would do then Loki, it suits him wonderfully!!!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3