View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dooley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2011, 04:28 AM
i were told it had burst when i went for a scan [suffered a bit of `old` bloody discharge * i know that sounds gross* which is why i were rushed in for a scan asap] the pain vanished almost instantly just a dull ache for a few days. so it may have burst due to baby pressing on it as that`s what had happened in my case
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-06-2011, 06:50 AM
very interesting!!

no worries 'bout the graphic stuff, its par for the course lol!

i really am wondering now if thats what may have happened, nothing to "see", but a very noticeable lack of pain and am feeling pretty good and brighter than I have in a long time!! had a mild twinge over the weekend and thought it was back again but it didnt last long.
I have my 20 week scan in 2 weeks so unless it flares up again I will wait and see what shows up then.

Thanks for sharing your experience x
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Hope you are still feeling pretty good-as you posted yesterday

39 years ago I went to the doctors as I thought I was pregnant ,but since I had started a period that day-was told I wasnt
After missing a period the next month-went back ,saw a different doctor and was told I was 4 mths pregnant!!!!!(in those days there were no scans to confirm this)

Was sent to the clinic for a check up and the sister there brought all the younger nurses to "feel this babys head"-its SO big
A few weeks later I woke up in agony-alone in the house,was vomitting and couldnt even get out of bed
Husband came back-luckily-as it was foggy and he couldnt get to work
Rang an ambulance-was taken in at 1p.m and operated on at 2 p.m as an emergency
What they thought was was the babys head was a cyst which had wrapped itself round the left ovary

The sister in the operating theatre was a girl I had been at school with and she came up to the ward later to see me and told me that the cyst was the size of a grapefruit

They said they "thought" I really was pregnant-and they brought the machine-and I could hear the heartbeat-fantastic

But they didnt have a clue when I was due
-gave me January 1972 as due date-it came and went
then gave me February-it came and went
took me in on March 7th to be induced-sent me home in the afternoon as it was a mistake-the nurse who had given this info to them wasnt qualified to do so!!
Went home- with no baby feeling pretty p***** off

April 1st was looming-was this baby waiting for that date??????
- I just managed to deliver - 2 days before- a healthy 8 lb 14 oz boy ,after only 4 hr labour -no stitches -and was so pleased -as Im only 4 ft 11 and three quarters!!

I hope that your cyst has burst-as other posts have suggested -and that the pain has gone so you can really enjoy the last months of your pregnancy and I
wish you well for your 20 week scan

Things have improved so much since my experience-so many advances in technology and treatment

Maureen
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Crikey Maureen, what a nightmare, glad it all turned out well though, I think all that uncertainty would have driven me mad!!

Unfortunately I was almost doubled up in pain again this morning, dammit!! so I guess it hasnt burst! Have taken it very easy all day.
I was starting to get my hopes up, almost a week pain free!
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Just an update;
Had a hospital appointment today about the cyst pain. It looks as though I am facing keyhole surgery at about 28 weeks! and have been given codeine for the pain!
Need to have another chat with the consultant first, its all quite safe apparently, but still very worrying.
Typically I have had a really good couple of days again, which makes me wonder if its worth going through surgery, but then I will have to see how much pain get before then!

On a lighter note, its really cool feeling the baby wriggle about inside me!
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Hi
Hope all goes well for you and the baby-its a really strange feeling isnt it ,having a new little life letting you know they are there!!
Pleased that you can have keyhole surgery-much less invasive and quicker to recover from
Will be thinking of you-when is your due date,by the way?
Maureen
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Hope all goes well for you huni, im 9 weeks and i've been told my pain is down to a cyst on my right ovary.

Thankfully its not been how you've described but when it has had its moments my god its shocking pain, nobody has shown much interest in my cyst though so im not to worried xx
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Jem glad its not been too bad for you. Mine started off as being sore and tender, then pretty much naggy ache all day, with episodes of excruciating pain.
It does seem to have taken a bit of work to be seen, my midwife didnt seem at all concerned about it, then I ended up in antenatal triage with the pain.
Do make sure you get taken seriously with it if its giving you grief, I have felt quite fobbed off til now, ok surgery seems drastic but as they have said, I shouldnt be in that much pain, when it strikes I cant move and feel wiped out for hours after.
My friend had a cyst through her pregnancy and it caused her no problems at all, were all different, but if it worries you, push it!!
Apparently the majority of women have cysts that come or go, and often are not known about, that might be why they are not too bothered at this stage.

Maureen, due date is bonfire night whoop whoop lol.

xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2