View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 06:33 AM
Gosh, that's great advice there and thanks so much Morgan!

I'm trying to pace myself with it all and see it as steps. We've been trying for 5 months, so I'm not too bothered but the Drs want me back after 6 months if we're not successful, due to my age they want to get the ball rolling.

I think the cyst has thrown a spanner in the works abit though so will now just concentrate on that. Friday today and no appointment yet. The pain (sharp one) hasn't happened for days but I can still feel an ache and a twisting, pulling sensation?????

The trouble is, I've had this before (only not as bad) and the scans have never shown anything.

I'm due a Lap' but I'm trying to pluck up the courage. I am NOT a fan of GA, it really scares me!! I'll only do it when I know there is no choice.

Thanks again for all the well wishes, it means alot xx
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Gosh, that's great advice there and thanks so much Morgan!

I'm trying to pace myself with it all and see it as steps. We've been trying for 5 months, so I'm not too bothered but the Drs want me back after 6 months if we're not successful, due to my age they want to get the ball rolling.

I think the cyst has thrown a spanner in the works abit though so will now just concentrate on that. Friday today and no appointment yet. The pain (sharp one) hasn't happened for days but I can still feel an ache and a twisting, pulling sensation?????

The trouble is, I've had this before (only not as bad) and the scans have never shown anything.

I'm due a Lap' but I'm trying to pluck up the courage. I am NOT a fan of GA, it really scares me!! I'll only do it when I know there is no choice.

Thanks again for all the well wishes, it means alot xx
At first I got the pain twice a month usually when I was ovulating and during the period itself. Keep a diary hun and note the pain, where it is and scale it 1-10 you might see a theme
Id have the laparoscpopy if i was you I've had four now and after each one I've been fine,
Good luck xx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Well I had my scan today and it's good news and bad news.

The good news is there isn't a large cyst anymore.

The bad news is there may be several small ones but she can't say for sure as she was having trouble seeing my ovaries at all. In fact she mentioned the fact that one scan showed up no activity on my left ovary which is uber scary!

So I need to go to the Drs in two weeks to discuss this and prepare myself for having to have a laperoscopy.

I'm in bed with a hot water bottle in agony after all the probing and really not loving being a woman right now!
SRS Scotland
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-06-2011, 09:28 PM
aww poor you, yep, men just couldnt cope with it...

take care and hope its good news in a few weeks
dani
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Well I had my scan today and it's good news and bad news.

The good news is there isn't a large cyst anymore.

The bad news is there may be several small ones but she can't say for sure as she was having trouble seeing my ovaries at all. In fact she mentioned the fact that one scan showed up no activity on my left ovary which is uber scary!

So I need to go to the Drs in two weeks to discuss this and prepare myself for having to have a laperoscopy.

I'm in bed with a hot water bottle in agony after all the probing and really not loving being a woman right now!
Poor you Em, hope it'll all be ok, healing hugs xxx
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Hi Em,
Laproscopies show a lot more than scans so hopefully you'll get a definative diagnosis and treatment.
Good luck hun hope it's good news.
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2011, 08:00 AM
I've got endo in the pouch of douglas and in the wall of my bladder that shows up as a mass on scans so know what pain is, each month.

I've had a lap and dye and to be honest, it didn't hurt as a much as I thought it would, and certainly less than the endo does. The stitches in my belly button hurt the most as they were so tight (I cut them after 5 days as they hurt so much).
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Really sorry to hear this Pidge
Can't really offer any advice, can only send huge hugggggs
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2