28-07-2006, 12:37 PM

Dog sign ordered to be taken down

Just made me laugh....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006340639,00.html
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Ooh I need one of those! Made me laugh is even funnier cause of the tinny dog she has!
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

28-07-2006, 01:22 PM
The sun is so pathetic!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Oh I would love one of those signs and I would add a few more to it too
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 01:32 PM
i can see how that caused a big stir , my mum is a jw !!!!
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
The sun is so pathetic!
It was in the Daily Mail too, I guess it's a "no news" day

I have to say I did smile though
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

28-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Whats that then Foxy?

I think the woman needs a good ol slap with a wet kipper! (And fed to the dogs herself )

I have friends from all backgrounds and religions and although I'm not religious myself, I find the sign offensive. Why should the stupid woman be allowed to persecute a section of our soceity and so publicly?

If she doesn't want people knocking on the door a polite notice would work wonders. (Where have manners gone thesedays?)

People like her who have no respect for others (regardless of whether they agree with them or not) are the kind of people I steer well away from.

*gets off soap box*

Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
Whats that then Foxy?

I think the woman needs a good ol slap with a wet kipper! (And fed to the dogs herself )

I have friends from all backgrounds and religions and although I'm not religious myself, I find the sign offensive. Why should the stupid woman be allowed to persecute a section of our soceity and so publicly?

If she doesn't want people knocking on the door a polite notice would work wonders. (Where have manners gone thesedays?)

People like her who have no respect for others (regardless of whether they agree with them or not) are the kind of people I steer well away from.

*gets off soap box*

Well I was thinking more of these men that are always nagging you to convert from whatever Electric or Gas supplier you are with and people selling windows and conservatories, if I wanted to change my electric/gas supplier or wanted a new conservatory or windows then I would ring someone and tell them not be nagged into it on my doorstep.
I don't mind what religion people are that's up to them but they shouldn't go round trying to get other people to join their religion its not fair. I am not religious either

I think that sign is meant to be a joke and that is how I took it with a sense of humour
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2006, 01:55 PM
I was amused because the sign had been there for 30 odd years and no one had complained but she was still ordered to take it down.

And I find that the, very polite and general, sign I have on my property does not stop JW's When I walked one back to my gate and pointed the sign out she said she still came to my door because she "had a personal invitation for me" ...... erm that looks like a bog standard flyer to me love

p.s. I have nothing against any religion I would be just as irritated whatever/whoever/however anyone worshiped if they were pushing it on my doorstep
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by mustards mum
I was amused because the sign had been there for 30 odd years and no one had complained but she was still ordered to take it down.

And I find that the, very polite and general, sign I have on my property does not stop JW's When I walked one back to my gate and pointed the sign out she said she still came to my door because she "had a personal invitation for me" ...... erm that looks like a bog standard flyer to me love

p.s. I have nothing against any religion I would be just as irritated whatever/whoever/however anyone worshiped if they were pushing it on my doorstep

Yes me too - no religion should be forced on anybody on their doorstep and these people won't go away when you politely tell them you are not interested. Years ago my sister had Mormons in her house praying because she didn't know how to tell them that she wanted them to leave without offending them and they came back a few times and she felt obliged to have them in her house (she was only in her very early 20's then)

It did say in the article that Jehovahhs witnesses used to laugh at the sign and it was just a bit of a joke.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »