register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
nickyboy is offline  
Location: kent, uk
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 487
Male 
 
16-07-2008, 02:12 PM

Should Baroness Thatcher have a state funeral when she passes?

It has been suggested this week that Mrs T may receive a State funeral when she finally passes - who agrees with this?
Reply With Quote
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Inca is offline  
Location: sunny south
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 18,203
Female 
 
16-07-2008, 02:22 PM
i did see something on sky news about this and i did smile at the comment said that there may not be enough streets free of street parties to hold a precession ..............food for thought
Reply With Quote
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
nickyboy is offline  
Location: kent, uk
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 487
Male 
 
16-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
i did see something on sky news about this and i did smile at the comment said that there may not be enough streets free of street parties to hold a precession ..............food for thought
i think theres probably a generation divide of supporters of the idea and people who think she doesnt merit it.

I was listening on the radio and a caller rang in and said he couldnt stand the woman and had been unemployed for 2 years on her watch - but she was strong enough to do what she felt was needed at the time and on the merits of her being an exceptionally strong leader of the country she should get a state funeral.
Reply With Quote
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
JoedeeUK is offline  
Location: God's Own County
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,584
Female 
 
16-07-2008, 02:58 PM
No no no no no no is the answer Now parties to celebrate her going yes we had a party when the Tory party dumped her as a leader.

She sold off this countries assets to fund the "money money money"years, then wasted the money that the government received.

An example:

She privatised water supplies. In Hull the water supply & sewerage were the property of the Local Authority. These were given to Yorkshire Water by the maggie T just before privatisation & then sold off, the council got nothing from YW for the water system & since privatisation the whole thing has gone downhill, resulting last year in the floods because the street &7 road sewerage system couldn't cope, because it had not been maintained properly due to "rationalisation"of gulley & drain clearance over the recent years. The council used to carried out bi monthly clearance, the water company simply did away with this totally in the end !!
Reply With Quote
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
nickyboy is offline  
Location: kent, uk
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 487
Male 
 
16-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
No no no no no no is the answer Now parties to celebrate her going yes we had a party when the Tory party dumped her as a leader.

She sold off this countries assets to fund the "money money money"years, then wasted the money that the government received.

An example:

She privatised water supplies. In Hull the water supply & sewerage were the property of the Local Authority. These were given to Yorkshire Water by the maggie T just before privatisation & then sold off, the council got nothing from YW for the water system & since privatisation the whole thing has gone downhill, resulting last year in the floods because the street &7 road sewerage system couldn't cope, because it had not been maintained properly due to "rationalisation"of gulley & drain clearance over the recent years. The council used to carried out bi monthly clearance, the water company simply did away with this totally in the end !!

youd have a party to celebrate someone dying - did she kill anyone?
Reply With Quote
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Colin is offline  
Location: East Sussex
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2,206
Male 
 
16-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Yes she should have a state funeral, because in my opinion she has been without doubt the best PM this country has had since Winston Churchill.

Lets face it she didn't take any crap from the trades unions or Argentina. She helped thaw in East-West relations to end the Cold War.

The other thing that she did was look after the self employed worker and those that wanted to work for a living.
Reply With Quote
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Inca is offline  
Location: sunny south
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 18,203
Female 
 
16-07-2008, 03:30 PM
i think miners in the uk and their families may see it differently ......................persoanlly i don;t really care state funerals could have been sold if she they had thought of that one might have made a few BOB or was that British gas
Reply With Quote
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Inca is offline  
Location: sunny south
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 18,203
Female 
 
16-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
youd have a party to celebrate someone dying - did she kill anyone?
only peoples spirits
Reply With Quote
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
boobah is offline  
Location: central scotland
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,918
Female 
 
16-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Hmmmm my oh would say yes but I'd say no,xxxxxxxxx
Reply With Quote
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Shona is offline  
Location: grangemouth for the moment
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 14,890
Female 
 
16-07-2008, 04:27 PM
I would say no,
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top