register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Insomnia is offline  
Location: Oldbury, West Midlands
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,232
Female 
 
08-10-2010, 10:58 AM

How many children do you have/would want/think is enough?

Like the title says really. I'm just wondering what's 'normal' for people. We're at the stage where we're thinking about children in the near future and are thinking of possible amounts.
My husband and I come from 2 very different backgrounds: He's the younger of 2 boys and his parent's were in their 40's and 50's respectively when they had him.
I come from a family of 6 children (3 boys, 3 girls) and my twin and I are the eldest. We're used to big families as my Auntie has 12 children (6 of each) and my husband wants only a couple, I'd like 4...

What are yours 'numbers' or wanted number? Just curious Also interested to know how many boys/girls ratios
Reply With Quote
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
akitagirl is offline  
Location: North Yorkshire
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,610
Female 
 
08-10-2010, 11:10 AM
I want 2 girls and a boy!

No idea why, just always pictured this, my fella's easy.....
Reply With Quote
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Lucky Star is offline  
Location: Usually in a muddy field somewhere
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 20,145
Female 
 
08-10-2010, 11:11 AM
I have two - one girl, one boy. I feel blessed to be able to have two and happy with that number.
Reply With Quote
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Fudgeley is offline  
Location: Warrington UK
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,929
Female 
 
08-10-2010, 11:14 AM
I always wanted four but stopped at three after a couple of bouts of severe post-natal depression (on advise). I have girl, boy,girl....Works well for us. I alsways felt someone was missing when I had two and only felt complete after I had my last little girl....It was a really strong feeling and I truly believe she was a little soul who was destined to be with us.
Reply With Quote
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
spockky boy is offline  
Location: UK
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,009
Female 
 
08-10-2010, 11:20 AM
I'd like two boys... but thats due to getting on better with males than females... Though people tell me, it trouble with boys!

But the whole girly things isn't me... And to have to see a daughter go through 'time of the month cramps' puts me right off as I get them REALLY REALLY badly myself!
Reply With Quote
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
hectorsmum is offline  
Location: Derbyshire.....the walking county
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,982
Female 
 
08-10-2010, 11:21 AM
i've got a boy and girl and i'm happy with what i have.

i couldnt cope with any more

i also think money is a big factor with kids, can you afford a large family???

kids drain your bank balance and you do have to go without so your kids dont.

and.....how will you cope with the kids too. they are hard work to bring up, fun too, but juggling life can be a strain.

there are no hard and fast rules, you have to go with how you feel will suit you best.
Reply With Quote
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Lucky Star is offline  
Location: Usually in a muddy field somewhere
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 20,145
Female 
 
08-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
i've got a boy and girl and i'm happy with what i have.

i couldnt cope with any more

i also think money is a big factor with kids, can you afford a large family???

kids drain your bank balance and you do have to go without so your kids dont.


and.....how will you cope with the kids too. they are hard work to bring up, fun too, but juggling life can be a strain.

there are no hard and fast rules, you have to go with how you feel will suit you best.
There was something on that subject in the news:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...t-2100990.html
Reply With Quote
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
hectorsmum is offline  
Location: Derbyshire.....the walking county
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,982
Female 
 
08-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
I'd like two boys... but thats due to getting on better with males than females... Though people tell me, it trouble with boys!

But the whole girly things isn't me... And to have to see a daughter go through 'time of the month cramps' puts me right off as I get them REALLY REALLY badly myself!
my son has been a lot easier than my daughter. too many hormones with girls

as the saying goes....

' a son is a son til he takes a wife'

'a daughter is a daughter all her life'

This i've found to be true.

i hardly see my son, he's always at his girlfriends but my daughter is always round ours or on the phone. she is my best friend now but when she was younger, boy, did sparks fly
Reply With Quote
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
krlyr is offline  
Location: Surrey
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,420
Female 
 
08-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Lets just say one would be one too many for me
Reply With Quote
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
hectorsmum is offline  
Location: Derbyshire.....the walking county
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,982
Female 
 
08-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
There was something on that subject in the news:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...t-2100990.html
I dont support the Tories but if a family are out of work then banging out more kids for the benefits is wrong.which is what happens in this village and no doubt around the country!

if your working and that changes then benefits should be payed out, if your looking for work. regardless on how many kids you have.
thats what the benefit system is for.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top