Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2020, 06:40 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday12th August, 2020

Good morning folks, hope you and your four legged friends are all ok. Have a good day, take care and stay safe and well. God bless.

Please God let it be less hot today!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-08-2020, 07:22 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Another very hot one here today in fact hotter earlier than yesterday.
We have had out walk said hello to some dogs did his business and home. Now laying outside in the shade with a wet cold towel draped over him.
I am off to Michael and Margaret's for lunch and to meet up with my niece great nephew and nephew-in-law.
We were both going but I have a Dillon food delivery arriving today and Gorden will stay home and keep wetting Dillon's towel, we really don't like leaving him indoors in this heat even with the air cooler on if we can help it.

Hope everyone is well and that all four legged friends are well and cool to.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2020, 07:23 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Good luck with selling the flat Chris and hopefully some good news for you Brenda

Another hot day. The rain yesterday morning lasted all of five minutes so did no good to the garden. Off shortly to take son for a blood test. I need to drive as he is not good with blood or needles.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2020, 07:24 AM
Morning Lynn enjoy your meeting with Michael and Margaret.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2020, 10:50 AM
Good morning all.

Way too hot.

Brenda, don't be discouraged by the feedback. Our favourite was that our old bungalow had a separate toilet despite it being clearly set out in the details. A close second was that the bungalow was too big (4 bedroomed) because they really wanted to downsize. Then there was the old lady who was adamant she was going to buy it when she sold her house. She lived alone, approx 80 years old, no savings and lived in a terraced house in a less than nice area. You get them all, but don't take the negatives to heart. They say the first thing they think of when the agents ring them for feedback.

Dave is busy dismantling the back of our porch to alter it to accommodate a second hand upvc door and side panel. What we hadn't banked on was how damned heavy the thing would be. The door doesn't lift off (I thought they all did). May need the guy who does window installations to come and fit it when the frame is ready. More expense for what I thought would be a cheap job. My fault. I should have asked the right questions when buying
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-08-2020, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
They say the first thing they think of when the agents ring them for feedback.

You're right about that Chris.

IMO there is so much info on 'Right Move' and similar sites now that you only really need to view the 'area' not the house itself. Is there a noisy pub or club next door etc.

One place I viewed was in a small village with one road, I could tell the house was OK before I got there but found two unmanned level crossings and you had to go over one or the other to get to the house and there was also a huge grain silo and other agricultural buildings all within a few hundred metres.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-08-2020, 12:20 PM
PIDGEON UPDATE

We didn't hear a peep out of Bruno last night so I thought I had better check out Mrs. P and her mate (See Barry's photo recently)

It looks like they've abandoned the nest, don't know why, it must have been incredibly hot in the tree.

The nest was too high up for Bruno to get at them so I'm not blamming him

At least Julia (our lovely neighbour) will get a good nights sleep
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2020, 06:58 PM
Hot, but rain and distant thunder here. HOT
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2020, 08:25 PM
Very very humid here and sticky yuk wish it would rain. Had a lovely afternoon with my best friend Margaret. She brought over nibbles and Pimm's with fruit. Yum. She new I needed cheering up. Bless her cotton socks.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2020, 11:35 AM
Brenda send Margaret round to me bearing gifts like that she would be most welcome.