Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 07:47 PM

I've been converted......

to a salad eater!

I've always had a weird thing about eating salad leaves or salad in general. It's not that I don't like the taste, I just never liked the texture.

Anyway i'm on a diet now to lose some weight for my holidays and my wedding later this year so i've really made an effort to "like" salad and for the last week i've had salad with pretty much every meal so i'm pretty chuffed with myself!

I still can't eat tomatoes or cucumber because I really can't stand the texture of either of those - tomatoes make me feel queasy because of the seedy bit in the middle - so I add a bit of sweetcorn or grated radish or carrot instead.

I've even decided i'm going to grow a few of my own salad leaves now as well.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 08:11 PM
I'll be coming to yours............. I love salads......... yummy

Well done to you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 08:59 PM
I've been surprised at how much i've enjoyed them and i always used to have the concept that they weren't filling but i've been quite surprised.

Rich is happy as well as he loves salad and because I never used to eat it I never used to buy it!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 04:51 AM
Salad......hmmmm.....

I tend to overindulge on it for a few days, and then I'm sick of the sight of it....

Sometimes I just have cu, tomato, cous cous, beetroot, coleslaw and whatever meat/fish to go with it.

Almost a salad