Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
em_er_li
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-02-2010, 08:52 PM

Today at the vets

After Rosa's appointment, in the waiting room was the local dog warden with a staffy pup.

Rosa blanks other dogs 9 out of 10 times, especially on lead (as she was) She's always more interested in pups, but this one she was BEGGING to go near it.

The pup looked extremely similar to Rosa in markings.. and the warden said she was about 5 months old, which fits in with out rough guess of when Rosa last had pups..

Just the idea we might have met one of her puppies today is amazing.

Unfortunately, the pup had been rescued from a gypsy camp, with a broken jaw. Probably from being kicked
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Poor little pup. It amazes me how cruel people can be. At least if its one of her pups, hopefully looks like he's now being well looked after.
em_er_li
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-02-2010, 09:02 PM
I know when the warden told me I was so disgusted. But not suprised as I'm aware that it's likely most of Rosa's pups have probably gone to similar situations. Puppy farmers don't care where the puppy goes aslong as they get paid..

I've asked the warden to keep me updated.. She's an adorable little pup, so I doubt she'll be in rescue for long. I just hope it's to a loving responsible home..

If not, I'll have her! Haha
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by em_er_li View Post
I know when the warden told me I was so disgusted. But not suprised as I'm aware that it's likely most of Rosa's pups have probably gone to similar situations. Puppy farmers don't care where the puppy goes aslong as they get paid..

I've asked the warden to keep me updated.. She's an adorable little pup, so I doubt she'll be in rescue for long. I just hope it's to a loving responsible home..

If not, I'll have her! Haha
Poor little thing. Its about time more was done about puppy farms. They really dont care about the animals. Its all money, money, money. At least one little pups life is on the up now!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2010, 10:23 PM
poor little pup. it's heartbreaking to think of any animal going through that kind of treatment.

am i the only one who is hoping that you get to rehome this pup?
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2010, 12:19 AM
oh poor pup some people are so horrible! and i really wonder if it was one of her pups! would be interesting to know lol, i hope she finds a good home soon though.
wirenth
New Member!
Female 

23-02-2010, 12:28 AM
there is a story similar to this one at my training class.

A bloke there has a black lab cross who was rescued and bought over from Ireland about a month or so back he was just going to be a foster home for her but decided to keep her and joined this class.
However a couple of weeks before that a lady and her daughter adopted a yellow lab cross from a different centre and named him dudley, she bought him to the classes after that.
Turns out that the black lab cross was used solely as a breeder in a puppy farm and that her last litter of pups were rescued a few weeks before her and bought over here to be rehomed Dudley was one of those pups!!!!!
em_er_li
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Poor little thing. Its about time more was done about puppy farms. They really dont care about the animals. Its all money, money, money. At least one little pups life is on the up now!
Exactly But if I met the people that did it..

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
poor little pup. it's heartbreaking to think of any animal going through that kind of treatment.

am i the only one who is hoping that you get to rehome this pup?
I know, I could feel myself welling up when John told me about it
No, you're not. I would LOVE the pup she was adorable! But I don't think she'll be in rescue for long On the plus side, she'll be rehomed from the same rescue as rosa, so will go to the same place for training classes, So we'll still be able to see her!

Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
oh poor pup some people are so horrible! and i really wonder if it was one of her pups! would be interesting to know lol, i hope she finds a good home soon though.
I'd love to know.. I don't know how we'd find out though? Lol

Originally Posted by wirenth View Post
there is a story similar to this one at my training class.

A bloke there has a black lab cross who was rescued and bought over from Ireland about a month or so back he was just going to be a foster home for her but decided to keep her and joined this class.
However a couple of weeks before that a lady and her daughter adopted a yellow lab cross from a different centre and named him dudley, she bought him to the classes after that.
Turns out that the black lab cross was used solely as a breeder in a puppy farm and that her last litter of pups were rescued a few weeks before her and bought over here to be rehomed Dudley was one of those pups!!!!!
That's such a nice story! Aww made me smile.