View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2012, 06:46 PM
I am so sorry I really can't imagine what you are going through or what to say. Just want you to know I am thinking of you.

Take care xxxxx

Helen
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Thanks everyone. Sounds like many people have suffered sad losses

Cain just had his visit. We only kept him there about 20 mins as he was finding it a bit stressful as an environment he was whining a bit, yawning, shaking the stress out and licking his lips. I'm sure it's the medical smell, it's exactly how he acts when he enters the vets. But he was very gentle with mum and happy to see her. Mum was upset to see him stressed so told us to take him, I don't think she wanted to say goodbye either. But she had a good few pats and he sat ever so nicely and was surprisingly gentle, I'm proud of him was sad to think it might be the last time they see each other, they do love each other so much

On a more positive note, my mum was very involved in a dance school. The instructor came to visit today and they've just had their dance show. They raised £15,000 for MacMillan nurses because of mum
Oh that must have been such a beautiful moment, to see your Mum and Cain together. I lost my Dad to cancer two years ago and I so wish he could have seen Tilly one last time. He adored her. I send you love and strength at this very difficult time. xx
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Spent all day at the hospice yesterday, left around 10.30pm. Wasn't sure whether I should stay the night or not. As they came around to give her the last medication, she had a little accident but it turned out to be a good thing. The nurses didn't bat an eyelid that it had happened in the middle of the medication round. They got her up, cleaned her up, all fresh sheets, repositioned her etc and when we came back in the room she was having a laugh and joke with the nurse. We gave her a kiss and said goodnight, and when we left we all agreed how comfortable and safe she looked. I truly do think she's in the best place and it's such a relief to know that she feels the same now. I can focus on just being with her and my family knowing all the other stuff is covered. She looked so peaceful and content last night that I didn't feel bad leaving her at all.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2012, 08:55 AM
You sound as though you are ALL in a better place now.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2012, 09:08 AM
So pleased that you and your mum are feeling more comfortable now.

The nurses sound marvellous as does the place.

<hugs> and thoughts are with you all xx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Really nice your mum got to see Cain, and especially nice that the nurses are obviously so professional and so caring.

You definitely sound more comfortable with your mum being in the hospice now.

Hugs xxx
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2012, 10:30 AM
The nurses at hospitals and hospices do such an admirable job. It's great they're making your mum feel more settled and content there.
So sweet they allowed Cain to visit too. Glad things are a bit less stressful on everyone now.

xxHugsxx
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Oh I'm so pleased you have all found a bit more peace. Your Mum should be pleased to know about the dance school raising so much money. That's a great testament to how much she is loved and liked.

Lovely Cain being on his bestest behaviour for her. What a gent he is.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Spent all day at the hospice yesterday, left around 10.30pm. Wasn't sure whether I should stay the night or not. As they came around to give her the last medication, she had a little accident but it turned out to be a good thing. The nurses didn't bat an eyelid that it had happened in the middle of the medication round. They got her up, cleaned her up, all fresh sheets, repositioned her etc and when we came back in the room she was having a laugh and joke with the nurse. We gave her a kiss and said goodnight, and when we left we all agreed how comfortable and safe she looked. I truly do think she's in the best place and it's such a relief to know that she feels the same now. I can focus on just being with her and my family knowing all the other stuff is covered. She looked so peaceful and content last night that I didn't feel bad leaving her at all.
How lovely to read this post from you. You sound a LOT more relaxed. Much more able to just 'enjoy' spending what time she has left with her.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Really glad that you are all happy with the hospice
Page 10 of 28 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »