Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gemz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-11-2008, 08:45 PM

New Puppy, need advice

Hi, I recently got my new puppy home. He has found the underneath of my sofa vey cosy, and keeps hiding under there and falling asleep. Is it ok to let him do this? or should i block up the sofa and stop it sooner rather than later, expecially when he gets to big to fit underneath.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Pups (and adult dogs) often feel safer in an enclosed area. My girl still (aged fifteen months) likes to sleep under the coffee table, which has been her favourite place since she was ten weeks old. She's much too large, but she wriggles her way under!

If you feel the sofa isn't a safe place for your pup, do you use a crate? A covered crate, or a bed under an over-hanging table might make a better den
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Providing it's safe, I wouldn't move pup. When he's too big to fit, he won't be able to get under there.
gemz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-11-2008, 10:03 PM
ok great, thankyou. I will leave him there, ther is nothing under there at all so its all his.
Spookle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Ours go behind the sofa and i pulled the sofa out to mop the floors and found they had pulled some wallpaper off

At least i have a good excuse to redo my room
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Bruce used to go under our coffee table....we used to leave him, besides he couldn't get trodden on whilst sleeping there Now he's too big
Gillbo64
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Beau used to sleep underneath my low level pine bed from being a tiny puppy until the day he died. He used to have to crawl like a commando to get under there he was so big!! Funnily enough Charlie has recently started sleeping in exactly the same spot under there.
gemz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-11-2008, 11:46 AM
aw, Theo has now started attacking the wall underthere, think its because he knows i cant reach him underthere, haha
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Kismet used to sleep under the bedchair, but as she got bigger she got stuck and cried the place down, but still wont learn, so we've had to block the area off now.