Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2007, 07:57 PM

Open show tomorrow - how does it work?

Hi guys,

I've only ever been to champ shows and companion shows with T and for the champ show I received my entry things through the post.

The show is tomorrow and I haven't received anything Should I have, is this going to cause problems? Or what do I do when I get there, to prove that I have entered?

random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Nope you don't get a thing for open shows. Just turn up, get your catalogue and you will be in it. Look and see what ring you are in and that's all really!

The steward will call out your class and then you go in the ring.

You will get your number on entering the ring usually, the steward will give it to you.

Good luck!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Yep, that's it, just remember that classes go very quickly compared to other types of show as entries are lower per class, so don't miss yours!
Where is it and who is judging????
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Thanks guys!
Takara's had her bath and manicure and I have new shoes lol!

It's the NOEDC open show at Chesterfield. I think it's Sue Parkin-Russel (spaclere) judging - don't know if she's into dalmark (T takes mostly after her mum, who's dalmark) but we'll see!

I'll let you know how it goes - and whatever the outcome, I'm still taking the best dog home!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

24-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Hi Lottie Random and Deccy have answered your questions so it only remains for me to wish you and Takara Good luck and hope you do well.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2007, 10:12 PM
I have known Sue since I started 10 years ago, and always found her to be very fair. She is also good with the dogs when going over them. (She gave my Max BOB years ago so I am a little biased - and he did have Dalmark in him! )
Give my regards to the Talbots (Deccy's breeders) if you see them!!! They may have his litter sister there (Leaveslake Tallulah).
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks Lovezois

It'd be wicked if we did do well but as long as we both enjoy it I don't mind, Takara's still the best
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Thanks for that Deccy! I'm actually terrible at these things, at our first champ show I ran to the wrong place, even though the judge told me where to go!! so hopefully she'll bear with me!

One more question, if T gets placed, can I ask Sue for a critique on Takara? I'm looking at breeding from her and would like some judging critiques on her before I do so!
I know people do get critiques on their dogs, but I don't know whether you just have to see if the judge gives you one
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2007, 10:48 PM
A judge is obliged to give a critique on the top 2 or 3 dogs in each class (I think it's changed since I lived there) but not on the day, it will appear in the dog press eventually.
You could ask her on the day ONCE JUDGING IS OVER but if it has been a long day she may have disappeared thankfully into the inner sanctum for a cup of tea! Do be careful on this though, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, this is one person's opinion and although I would value that in this case, others may think differently about your dog. You may be better talking to some of the other exhibitors and get a consensus, they may also be easier to approach on the day too. Secondly, if you want an opinion on whether T is "suitable" to breed, I am not sure what value a critique would be .... any mentioned "fault" could be major or minor (which also varies from judge to judge) and many critiques are short in detail.
In Ireland, we don't get critiques but that is changing from June. Since 1st January we are all graded before placings as well, so only those graded "excellent" can complete for the Green Star, so we have an immediate indication of whether our entry is considered to be Champion standard (very few, minor faults) or not. For Opens, it remains to be seen what will happen.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 06:02 AM
Thanks

The critique was mainly just to say I'd got that aswell, for potential new owners to see what the judge thought to the pup's mum, sort of thing

Thanks very much though - I've got a major hitch so off to start an urgent thread.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >