View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 08:16 AM
Oh god, wondered how long it would be til someone reminded me. Every year I say next year I'm going to be more organised - but alas that never happens, last minute job every year. One year I thought I'd buy Christmas cards just after Christmas as they were so cheap - then the following year I couldn't find them - so had to buy some more! I just have to face the fact - I don't do organised!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 08:35 AM
I started in June!!! We were on holiday and found a lovely gift for my sis in law...too dear for a hols pressie so we put it away for Christmas!!!! The amazing thing is even my 6 yr old has kept his mouth shut!!!!!!!
We always buy in bits for my son as we see them...you never know what you find cheap...!!!!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 08:43 AM
No, there's agggggggges yet!

I've seen some things what i'd like to get for my little boy, but I haven't started yet, I usually get a few bit but do it all nearer the day to lessen the stress!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Christmas.....?

Who....?
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 11:45 AM
ive bought 1 prezzy for OH, and im gonna start soon, got quite a big family so they wont get much, more token gifts really.
Paul G.
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-09-2006, 12:01 PM
Christmas for me starts on 24 Dec at about 5 p.m. and no-one is going to wind me up before then.
I worked in advertising for some years and their whole purpose is to convince you that everyone else, and everyone else's family, is having a much better time than you are. Therefore you are a failure.
By inducing guilt in this way they make you spend more money. Its a con but it works every time.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 12:40 PM
My OH Pete hates the shops getting Christmas stuff on shelves too early takes away the pleasure of Christmas for him. However, (dont anyone tell him) I have bought a few things already, mainly cos eldest Son coming over for a family wedding next week, he lives in Saudi so cant send gifts out to him, so have bought them now to give him next week. Usually wait till mid Nov at least before buying as like to get family birthdays over first and make them special before making Christmas special, why not go back to small gifts for everyone just a token thing and then concentrate on the fun of Christmas itself instead of making the gifts the priority? Guess shop owneres would hate this comment though!! I buy too much every year am guilty, now we have Grandchildren go very mad love buying them things am too silly i know it, dogs get too much too anyway dont tell OH x!!
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 12:42 PM
No haven't started yet I have thought about it though I'm usually doing it in a last minute rush
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by b-eye View Post
Just heard on the radio,,, 89 shopping days until.........Crimbo ... anyone started their shopping yet??
we have all the xmas stock in the shop and its flying off the shelves,,
cant get my head round it yet.
how organised is everyone when it comes to xmas
huggles
b-eye
That means I've got 88 days to think about it
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 01:46 PM
i started mine last december nearly finished all wrapped labelled and boxed for every one just the cards left to do
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >