Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2015, 11:19 PM
Oh,that looks good Thanks xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-01-2015, 11:20 PM
I remember getting an email about this but wasn't the right time as my puppies had just left me and they wanted puppies that were still with their mother to start off with
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-01-2015, 11:35 AM
I watched it and thought it was a good programme especially for anyone who intends getting a puppy .
It demonstrated the folly of not doing research resulting in choosing a breed unsuitable to a family's life style.

The brief mention of training techniques was spot on for me with the emphasis on 'reward wanted behaviour ignore the unwanted' .
It wasn't in any way 'preachy' but entertaining and informative
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-01-2015, 11:54 AM
Started to watch the first programme but gave up after about ten minutes. Didn't like the people especially those two blokes living in East London, what a place to start learning about dogs. The kid who prefered to play his stupid games on his computer rather than attend to the needs of the puppy what a typical example of modern youth, the others were not much better, just hope to God I never meet anyone like them in real life, the media are responsible for loads of todays problems and this programme just emphasizes the reasons why we have problems, all about me, me, me yuk
Meg
Supervisor

10-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Sorry you didn't enjoy it Losos TV is a good medium to reach people who may not readily access information on dogs.
It just one person learn something useful about getting or owning a dog the programme will have served a useful purpose.

Started to watch the first programme but gave up after about ten minutes. Didn't like the people especially those two blokes living in East London, what a place to start learning about dogs.
What is wrong with 'two blokes' owning a dog , they were never going to have children and the dog was loved and well cared for and that is more than can be said for many dogs.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-01-2015, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
they were never going to have children and the dog was loved and well cared for and that is more than can be said for many dogs.
But not a good place for a dog, where can it run about off lead in East London
Meg
Supervisor

12-01-2015, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
But not a good place for a dog, where can it run about off lead in East London
That didn't seem to be a problem Losos they had parks to take the little dog in and to work/out on photo shoots with one of them who was a Photographer, but you wouldn't know that if you only watched 10 mins would you ..
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2015, 11:49 PM
I think that most of the puppy buyers had learned a lot by the second programme. I was still a little concerned about the Beagle x. Perhaps the owner just found it difficult to express her feelings for Byron - I hope so.
Also, the blurring of the neck area of the BC suggests that they might have been using an electric collar, but maybe that is preferable to the puppy acquiring a habit of biting sheep???
Meg
Supervisor

12-01-2015, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by CaroleC View Post
I think that most of the puppy buyers had learned a lot by the second programme. I was still a little concerned about the Beagle x. Perhaps the owner just found it difficult to express her feelings for Byron - I hope so.
Hi Carole I loved the little Beagle cross and would have liked to get hands on him . I think the owner liked him more than she let on..
Also, the blurring of the neck area of the BC suggests that they might have been using an electric collar, but maybe that is preferable to the puppy aquiring a habit of biting sheep??
I didn't spot that , my sight isn't 100/% now I hope it wasn't the case.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >