Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 06:41 AM

New laptop - wireless network issues

I finally managed to get myself a new laptop after my other one has very nearly crashed and burned... still recoverable but difficult to use.

My sister also got a laptop for her birthday about a week ago (her birthday's in June but her's really did crash and burn!)

Now my question is, we've set them (or rather my dad's set them up) so that they can get on the internet which means a wireless connection to the router but they're not seeing the other computer (or each other) on the network.

The new lappies are both Vista and the upstairs PC is XP, my dad put in all the IP and subnet details etc. so I know they're all right but he thinks it might be something to do with the firewall blocking it?

Any ideas guys? I could really do with seeing dying lappy over the network so that I can get my stuff off it to use on this one.

Thanks
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Everything you need to know about networking vista to vista pc's/ laptops and vista to xp as well as sharing your printer on the same network is all hear