Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2014, 11:05 AM
Afternoon again everyone

Gordon, good to hear you go with Mems to Mr S cos I'd hate to think of her lugging a big trolley around like I have to when she's got you there to do it for her, it's one of those rare occasions when we really do need a man Good luck with that mince sourcing.

Eileen, school run? Haven't they broken up over there then? We give them too much holiday here methinks, cos they broke up last Friday and that's 2 weeks before Easter so why? Enjoy the spinning and the vibrating whenever that's due.

Jenny, yes a very wet walk, we're not used to it now are we. We've just had some loud thunder here, but no torrential stuff yet, but I'm sure it'll happen as the day goes on. Yes I know about that gravy, but it is nice with a dash of vinegar with the tomatoes in it, but I only do that with sausages. I once put chocolate sauce in the school dinner gravy (not intentional of course!) but the kids never noticed

I just cleaned out the filter in my condenser dryer thingie, and jeesus Christ I'm glad I did, and I'm surprised it didn't blow up with all that dog hair/fur/fleece blocking all the holes It should work like a dream now,not that it was complaining, but it's much happier now.

I went to the post office to pay in some cheques and get some keys off, then I went to Mr S for some lovely fresh bread and meat for the week which will then mean I can give it a wide berth for the rest of this week cos with those kids off, it turns into a complete nightmare if you're not outta there by 11 am

Hoovered the house, lunch in the oven, everything's all ship shape now, just how I like it and of course, with Dave away it'll stay like that the whole week cos Zena knows not to be messy, she even hoovers up all her little crumbs from her fish sticks or biscuits, bless her, but then who brought her up???!!!

Well, getting darker by the minute here, but that's ok cos we're not going out again now. Ironing after nanny nap and then that'll be it for today for me.

Catch you all later then.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-04-2014, 11:13 AM
TW - The place I'm going to chevk out is BacktoNature Ltd of Providence mill, Alexandra St, Hyde. Will issue a report in due course. Thanks for the offer of the bolton address i will take you up on it if I can't find the quality and price Iwant a bit nearer to home. If I end up going too far then the petrol used by my gas-guzzler negates any savings and I might as well get the cheaper range of Morrison or Tesco whole chickens and feed that to them (something I find they truly enjoy) but doesn't happen too often. Bye fer now!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Morning all.

June - some like my daughter, who teach, WELCOME the school holidays! She skyped me from her bed today lol!

What a morning. But so far so successful I am just waiting for something to go wrong.

Managed to get back overpayment to lecky board before handing account over to Sabby (in case he thought I wanted to pre-pay his lecky for about 6 months!)

Managed to get mugshots done for renewal of UK passport. Just waiting for my Osteo to call to say she is home for me to whizz round and get her to countersign the mugshots. Andy will take it back with him and post it from UK (much safer!)

I can't see anywhere that it says you have to send back your old one so assume you don't? Specially as it hasn't expired yet?

Called into the Thrift Shop and they will arrange for someone to come collect the daybed and sleigh bed next week or later this week and sell them thro' their shop. That's another load off my mind.

Dealt with Satellite Steve re giving my old setup to the downstairs neighbours in Makenzy.

Bought lunch on the way back and today Andy is having a well earned rest sunbathing outside. First day he hasn't been 'doing jobs'.

Guest room is still in a bit of a muddle but every day makes me more determined NOT to keep stuff I am not likely to use/wear/look at for 6 months or more.

Bella had a visitor! Lovely little Cairn Terrier belonging to a pal of mine - Alfie (who found me this new pad). She sort of snapped at her a bit but Minny held her ground. They then grudgingly shared treats and Bella did her usual flounce off into the living room to sit on a sofa and glare while the rest of us stayed outside in the sunshine. She does make me laugh!

Her attitude towards other dogs is a lot like my attitude toward men. Like them all really - just don't want to share my living space with one!

The weather is absolutely glorious. Too hot for rushing around in really but perfect for taking it easy.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2014, 11:22 AM
HELENA,ours aren't off till the 16th..go back 29th,so I guess its the same..bit early where you are isn't it
My Princess is being dropped off around 1.30,groomer has to pop into town,so saves me a spin.Need to be ready with the collar and harness to take her out though cause she does be well peeved off,not sure she likes the crate Course it's all my fault and she'll huff till tea-time
Put dress pics up on Daily Chatters,hope the absence of replies isn't cause you think they're brutal!! OMG,I'd die
Coffee and then maybe another coffee,take my iPad out in the sunshine
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Morning all...

Sorry to see there are still some poorlies, hope you soon feel better, esp NippyJen, you seemed to have been poorly for a bit now, hugs to you xx

Did manage to see you have that all important report in the Dog mag, I will see if I can find it when I next go into town, Helena. Sorry some dog walkers got a little damp, think we are in for a cooler and damp week this week Enjoy Mr S, Gordon. I get chicken from a poultry plant quite near and I pay £2 for 10kg chicken backs and £3 for 10kg of minced turkey. I have to go and fetch it for my lot, so I also get it for a couple of friends, well the only friends I have actually Enjoy your trip to see your friend Lynn and dont forget we have a road trip wednesday...note to ones self....clean and hoover extra.... Dont work too hard those who are working.

Had a good weekend and put a fence up.....not sure I like it...so will live with it for a few weeks.

Quite damp and wet here, didn't notice it was raining so have got wet dogs so they are in the dog room drying out.

Will nip in later...xx
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-04-2014, 11:29 AM
Helena - Whoa there! It's not the Memsahib that needs the help round Mr S's, this is the trouble with the internet you haven't actually seen her. The dreaded Mem as I once mentioned before to someone on this site, stands just under 18 hands (6ft) in her size 7 stockinged feet. For a comparison the word Amazon would be most appropriate. She is a farmers daughter and spent her working life (which stopped when she met me) as an upland shepherd. Coupled with the fact that when stacking straw bales she can actually throw a bale up on top of a stack that is already 6 high, with no apparent effort, she is also many,very, very manyyears younger than I. So as you can see it isn't the "poor little woman" that needs help with the shopping , but me your poor beknighted Northern Correspondent. Have a good day and bye fer now!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2014, 11:33 AM
Lacey - can you put the dresses in the Random Photos too please? I'm not 'in' daily chatterers.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2014, 11:34 AM
Wow GORDON,she'll eat you for breakfast one of these days!! We'd be like Little & Large stood next to each other but I'd like a bale throwing contest with her
Bet she's lovely though( Hope she doesn't read this stuff ) If so "Good afternoon your Ladyship,hope your day is progressing nicely"
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2014, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Lacey - can you put the dresses in the Random Photos too please? I'm not 'in' daily chatterers.
Of course,I'll do that Be with you in a jiffy
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Gordon Well if that is the case, then you can have the day off, as I see no need for you to go at all You chose well there Gordon being in your sunset years I did the very same, my husband is a strapping 6ft 2" and 10 years my junior, but alas, everyone thinks he's actually OLDER than me cos they see me doing everything here Maybe it's the horses that have trained us so well, we're used to chucking hay bales and the likes up onto stacks, not to mention the lugging of the heavy bales of shavings around the yard. Dog people aren't quite as robust as us ex-horsey peeps, and that obviously would include the Mems having worked so hard on a farm. No wonder you look after her so well, you don't want to break her, you need a woman like her around

Eileen, off to look at your dresses now, I'm sure they're fab and I hope you mention where you got them, just in case I want one, or 2 or even 3!
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »