Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 11:50 AM
Afternoon all

Gordon, don't know whether I'm ready for all this publicity or not, must get my hair seen to at the very least, always make sure I've got a bit of slap on, just in case they're lurking in the shadows in the woods which they must know I frequent having got the dog, but I think I'm pretty safe at Sainsbury's, I often can't find my own car meself A whole page is good, but I think I deserve being nearer the front than on page 45!!!! It's good enough for me though. I might take your advice about dunking myself in the river too, afterall, it worked for June's ailments, so why not mine.

Jenny, enjoy your lovely walk in the sunshine today with your friend and give my love to fruitcake Polly next time you see her, she cracks me up!

Jen, glad to hear you're slightly better, but hope Pepsi is still doing well too, cos like you say, she seems to suffer just like Zena does with these odd bouts of vomiting.

June, hope you're off on a river run with the girlies today, but then your weather doesn't sound too good up there? Seems like I've pinched it all again then

Lynn, good luck with the ratties. My neighbour kept putting rat poison down underneath her decking cos she was the one with the chickens and the rat nests under it. Well, the chickens weren't under it, but the rats sure were. We now have them here, and I think it was me feeding the birds again At least I fed them up ready for the babies and now they're going to have to fend for themselves cos the café H has now closed down. My neighbour has them in his shed next door but one, and he can't believe the amount of poison they are eating atm I told him to keep feeding them. The problem is, they carry that feed around in their pouches at the side of their mouths don't they, and I worry they'll bring it into my garden. Even worse, are the biscuit type poison things, cos they just drop those anywhere, but thankfully, Zena's so fussy with her food she wouldn't be interested, I've never known her eat anything outside her food bowl.

Now I've forgotten everything, but then I have had a busy old morning.

They went off with my bog brush Ooooer, I KNOW there was a new one in there, maybe they took a fancy to it? I'd forgotten the sweets for the coffee table too, so I had to go to blinkin Dunelms when I'd done the van, get the bog brush, and then on to Sainsburys for the sweeties. Blimey, I spoil these guests of mine Back up to the park with that lot, and by the time I got home it's gone 12 and Dave was locked out so couldn't get the pie into the oven which I made last night. Hey ho, it's cooking away now and I'm doing the veggies to go with it.

We went into the woods this morning for the first time in months, but I didn't like it, there are too many numpties in there, I much prefer it up along the top where I can get away from them. No occurrences thank goodness, but we were lucky enough to avoid them all. The horses have ruined the big fields in the middle of the woods, they should never have let them out, charging around in the sodden grass, it's difficult for us walkers to walk on it now

Back is still the same, it didn't help that I had to move the coffee table around, change 3 beds lifting up the mattresses, but thankfully, Dave mowed the lawn for me cos that would have finished me off. It's so green and lush that lawn up there, but for the past 6 weeks I've been chucking everything at it, magic grow lawn seed, everything, but it seems to have worked, it's 6" tall and lush green which should please my guests.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday (wonder why I put Friday up then, but somebody must have changed it? )

Catch you later after nanny napping.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 11:50 AM
Morning everyone, Beginning to feel better now. The frequent salt swills is definitely helping my mouth and although I am still chesty I couldn't put up with sickness and dire rear that the Amoxicillin was causing. I had forgotten that I was averse to them, must remember next time I need them. I seem to have got away without them this time.

Helena, So sorry you have hurt yourself fairly badly. You will need to rest as much as you can. I guess you have to get the van prepared though for your next guests.

Lynn, I wouldn't want a rat running around my garden and yet I guess it is only because we have our resident fox that we do not because the birds do drop all the birds seed on the ground but the ring neck doves clean it up. I am glad your side is much better.

Nippy Jen glad you and Brian are on the mend albeit slowly.

Bev. hope you are recovering from your recent upset.

Sorry my heads gone blank again, take care everyone and have a good day, God bless.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Afternoon all,

I've actually been up since half ten but not done a lot yet.

Helena, sorry to hear about your back, take it easy.

Nippy, I suspect by the sound of it, that you will need to visit the loo roll factory. Hopefully the antibiotic squits disappear quickly.

Madmare, hopefully you feel better soon.

I've got as far as moving everything from upstairs to downstairs and rooting out bags to pack it into. You'd think I was going for a month, not a week! Got the chanter there and the music. Just need to pack the clothes.

Apparently we are going shopping today but there's no sign of OH yet so dunno if that will be happening. Have to wait and see.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Afternoon all - Here it is, your chance to win a fortune. Lucky Gord (the housewives friend) is tipping as his Nap for the Grand National:.......THE RAINBOW HUNTER. A good horse who will like thwe going and a very good each way bet. The Memsahib says that she has it straight from the horse's mouth that:......HAWKES POINT is sure to make the frame and will be a very good each way shot. Your Northern Correspondent tactfully suggest that you run a hand down the back of the TV Room sofa and place the findings in the hands of your Turf Accountant before the start time of 4.15pm. wishing you all Good Luck and as aways bye fer now.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 01:02 PM
Afternoon all,

No sun here but its dry so that's OK. I had a nice catch-up with my friend while walking the dogs but we ended up driving out of the estate as there were 3 dogs chasing around on the top field who don't even live here ...... maybe they are visitors So when we came back we went out in to the garden so that they could wear some energy off ... which they did I'll put some photos up later.

My son and his girlfriend have gone to register with some local estate agents but everything around here is just so expensive so they'll probably have to move elsewhere which is a shame

Nippy I'm glad you are finally on the mend and msybr having a Yakult or pro-biotic yoghurt will see your insides sorted. We always have either if on abs. Hopefully Brian can look after you now and cater for your every whim
Emmis Only 8 days to go I have to clarify that the upper Thames is lovely and clean with lots of fish, ducks, (a couple of otters) and plants living in the water. Every year we along with lots of neighbours also swim in the river. Weil's disease is only a consideration you swim off a natural section of riverbank .... no rats could climb up our camp-shedding Having said that I probably wouldn't swim if I had an open wound.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Nippy...just had a brainwave
I'll send you some Miracle Water...I know there won't be enough to immerse you, fully clothed, plus mobile, in, but maybe you won't need as much for a chest infection
June you could be onto a real money earner there
Helena Maybe you should buy another larger van H even if you have to pay someone else to do the change over or at least the cleaning. You are nearly fully booked and I'm sure that magazine will generate more custom for you. So few of the holiday destinations mentioned had their own enclosed garden .... I wouldn't consider any without one. Yours is so well geared up Just take care when out and about 'cos the paparazzi could be watching your every move. No picking of noses or burping in public anymore It doesn't sound good that the loo brush was missing .... probably best not to think too much about that
Hi Lore I hope you've managed to pack and also got to the shops in the end.
Moyra What a relief for you to be in less pain. Hopefully it won't be long until you are feeling much better and will then be able to look forward to your new gnashers which I'm sure will look fab .... just think no more tooth ache from those pesky teeth again.

Its suddenly got quite dark outside so maybe we are going to have rain ... think I'll go and get the washing in just in case.

Enjoy the rest of the day and see you all later.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Disclaimer - The author of post #24 absolves himself from any responsibility (legal or otherwise) for loss of home or dosh brought on by recklessly following the horse racing tips from an old fool up on Saddleworth Moor. Still it's only once a year! Bye fer now.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Ahhh shopping has fallen by the wayside. Brian not wanting to go shopping and I am too busy getting organised.

So I think a quick pop up to the shops for essentials and that will have to do us.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 01:19 PM
LOL, I know Jenny, I already thought of that, but seeing as it was lunchtime, I thought it best not to mention it, but I will now cos I've just eaten Dread to think hey?!eeeeeuuuw! Another thing I noticed Jen are the prices....£100 a NIGHT for most of them No wonder they tell me I'm cheap, but then I'm always fully booked. Next year my prices will be going up though, I've earned it with my reputation now, but I don't wanna kill it if you see what I mean, so only a slight increase and maybe nobody will even notice. Glad you've had a lovely morning.

Thanks for the tips there Gordon, but sadly, I don't know the whereabouts of the nearest betting shop here since we moved 2 years ago, so that's 2 years I haven't put a bet on it - must get this sorted! I usually win, even if it's an each way and it's the only race I ever bet on. Put a £1 each way on Tea For Three cos he stands a good chance and will probably be a 100 -1 shot if I'm lucky If he wins, I will send you my address My £1 WIN will surely go on Double Seven please, and then that'll be me sorted thanks.

Off to me chair now then, feet up time, bowl of ice cream, mmmmmmmmmm
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
At Last!!! They Found The Mailbox
Sorry to hear there was nothing worth reading after all the palavar getting one in an undamaged condition
Erm - no they did not. Just threw it a bit further...
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Afternoon all
My money gone on teaforthree and double seven and big shu, well all £1 each way,
Helena teaforthree is £12-1 you could do online, probably get a free bet for signing up today
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »