Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2014, 05:22 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Monday).

Morning everyone I beat Helena today.
Only because Gorden will be leaving here around 7.15 7.30 this morning so I am up doing him some breakfast and sorting his lunch and of course the bag of goodies he takes back with him for the boat for them both for the week.

Oh dear Sally I hope Jimster eventually settled down and you all managed to get too bed. Glad the day went well with Grandsproglet .
Moyra good luck at the dentist today. Thinking of you.
Malka I hope you and Pereg had a restful night.
Helena I hope your backs not hurting too much after all the gardening.
Nippy Jen hoping you and Brian are feeling much better today.
To all other poorly peeps wishing you well soon and poorly doglets too.

I am ok was feeling pretty down yesterday worried about eldest son missed seeing them both and then just a silly little thing happened and it set me off again about how much I dislike this cottage and where we are situated and what we need to do to probably get a buyer and it seems like a mountain I have to climb. Oh well today's another day and I will get over it I always do and haven't much choice really.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2014, 05:57 AM
Morning Lynn and all

The weekends are definitely too short, Monday is here again and work beckons. I am still trying to get over Saturday night so don't think I will be with it at work today. Still whats new.

Malka I hope you and Pereg have had a peaceful night.

Moyra Good luck at the dentist.

Lynn sorry you are feeling down again. Remember you liked your house the way it was when you bought it so someone else will too if you sell it. Is doing lots of work going to pay off and be worth it? You will have to come for a visit here soon and bring Dillon so we can have a lovely walk.

Jen I hope you and Brian are feeling better today.

I think I had better go and get myself ready for work and try and wake up. have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2014, 06:09 AM
Morning Bev that's a long non hangover.
Try not too get the orders wrong.

We feel putting in a downstairs loo that isn't macerating will help and it does need decorating there is no soul in this house all so bland and not just because its all cream. Its hard to explain it never feels like it has been a home even though there was a family here. Things show up when you start to live here and we now realise it has been decorated very badly and very cheaply. I think we have to stay for a while so may as well do it up while we are living here. I am also worrying about the summer and the pub next door but one we were told it was a quiet pub but I am now hearing things that contradict that.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2014, 06:37 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev and fellow members ..... no doubt H will have posted before I finish this so to her too.

I'm having my hair done this morning so will be off to walk the dogs and then leave here soon after 9.

Lynn I'm sorry you've had a mixed weekend emotionally. As you've decided to stay put for a little while, the rush to redecorate etc for selling it should be able to be pushed to the bottom of any 'list to do' for the time being. Give it a good shove I hope you have a better day today.
Bev After you social 'whirl' of a weekend, I hope your week goes well and asbo cat is calming down.
Moyra The best of luck today at the dentist ((hugs)).
Nippy I hope you and Brian are feeling more human today and managed to sleep last night.

I hope all other poorly people and dogs are feeling better today.
See you later and have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2014, 06:46 AM
Morning Jenny. Have fun having your hair done I must book mine in.
Feeling ok today. Usually it takes a couple of days then I pick up again. I think after Mark has had his MRI next Saturday and got the results from his Dr. the following week hopefully and I know things are ok I will feel less emotional too.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2014, 06:50 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev and everyone

I have a dilemma here! Just sat down at the puter, had opened the patio doors into the conservatory and then the door out to the garden for Zena, and all of a sudden I hear a big thud! Looked in the conservatory, and saw this big blob on the doormat Thought it was the frog, but on closer inspection, it turned out to be a baby thrush. It looked very dazed and half dead, didn't know what to do with it. I lifted up the doormat in case Zena wanted it for breakfast, put it on the stool, whilst I decided what to do with it. My first thought is cats Thought I might have to ring some kind of bird sanctuary to take it to, no mother in sight when I went out there holding the doormat in my hands Soooo, sat down again at the puter to Google, and it then decided to take flight in and around the lounge and get itself behind the front patio door verticals. Awww gaaawd, what now? I got the sieve and put some tissues in it to try and catch it (only me!), but it had other ideas, Zena was enthralled with all this fun first thing in the morning. Anyway, thankfully, it can fly, it flew back into the conservatory but of course, bashed itself into a couple of windows before I could entice it out through the big door, and now it's sitting on the little wall hopefully waiting for mum. At least it can fly, and I can hear lots of bird chatter out there now, so hopefully, this will all turn out well, but how the heck it just landed on my doormat like that with such a thump I have no idea, there can't be a nest above that door

Lynn, sorry to hear you got so down yesterday with the house again, but I'm sure it was just a blip being mother's day and not having all the family together ((((hugs))))

Bev, don't work too hard and I'm sure you'll feel better once you get stuck into it.

Moyra, good luck at the dreaded dentist today, hope it all goes well.

Dave went very early before 6 o'clock, but of course, we were up at 5 when he got up and put some lights on, then again when he left, so I've now overslept, but that doesn't matter, I'm not doing anything today, and I might go down the beach first thing.

Hope everyone else is ok along with the doglets and I'll pop back later.

Morning Jenny, you snuck in there whilst I was typing. Hope the hair goes well, but it will of course, cos you have a good hairdresser don't you, unlike me!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-03-2014, 06:57 AM

Lynn - sorry to read you were rather down yesterday - and I reckon that once you decorate you will see why you wanted to buy the cottage in the first place. The trouble with moving into a new home is that it takes time to see things like bad decorating but then if you notice a flaw it jumps out and hits you all the time.

Bev - as Lynn said, long "hangover" for a soft-drink only evening!

Moyra - good luck at the dentist today. (((hugs)))

Nippy Jen - I hope that both you and Brian are feeling better today.

- need coffee and ketchup to find out what everyone else was up to yesterday/due to do today.

I think I went to bed early for a change - I remember checking the clock which is the last thing I do after Da Booga's cuddle and mantra and then my prayers, but do not remember if it had just clicked over to 12am or 1am. Just remember the two 00 at the end! She only got me up once and then it was zonk till the alarm went. Reached into the drawer for her pills and cheese, squidged them in the cheese and she raised her head, took them, head down and zonk again.

Luvverly, I thought - sleep now until we both surface properly and did sleep but woke with a start thinking that I had to be up and dressed because... oh yes, because someone was coming to collect something "between 9am and 12 noon". What is the betting that he will not turn up until the stroke of noon?

But it is glorious out at the moment - clear blue sky and sun - I do wish I could open all the windows at the back as it just seems so fresh and I would love to have all the windows all round wide open, but of course cannot open any of the back ones due to the weeds which have now flowered. Weed pollen throughout the place is something I do NOT want.

Coffee and ketchup time now.

Jenny and Helena - you both snuck in while my back was turned!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2014, 06:58 AM
Morning Helena its a bit early for babies yet I think. Could be one of last years babies. Oh heck not sure what you can do.
My dad use to pop them in a cardboard box with some paper in and let them rest then take them into the garden and let them fly off.
Its the catching of them though isn't it tea towels is an idea and wrap it in them.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2014, 06:59 AM
Morning Malka sounds like you and Pereg had a good nights rest.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2014, 07:02 AM
Morning all. Went to see my mum yesterday do feeling a bit to come home now! Haha
Hit the 1000 mark with my fundraising though!!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »