Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2014, 07:16 AM

Dogsey Daily Thread - Sunday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps and a Very Happy Mother's Day to all of you mums

Another glorious morning darn sarf, I'm going to take the camera with me today

Zena's gone lame again on her front shoulder, but this time it's the other one. I think this happened when she shot up the top yesterday afternoon when the neighbour's nasty dog went up there barking at her the other side of the fence and she wanted to kill it! She was too quick for me, but soon stopped once I got up there, but the other dog didn't Then the boys told it off for going up there and popped their heads over the fence to apologise to me, but the damage was done. She seems fine this morning, but it'll be quiet walks for a few weeks for her now, otherwise it will just get worse if I chuck that ball (which I'm not allowed to through anyway really ).

Hope everyone is well, we had a busy day, so I wasn't on here yesterday. I ended up driving all the way up the A21 again for some more turf, busy, busy, busy, nose to tail, nightmare, and when I got to the garden centre, there was no turf left Should have rung them first shouldn't I Hey ho, that'll be a job for Wednesday when the new lot arrives.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone, hope you're lucky enough to maybe being taken out for a nice lunch somewhere by the kids, I'm not, cos I don't have any lol!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-03-2014, 07:29 AM
Morning Helena and Happy Mothers day from me too to all the mums.
Oh no that Zena has gone lame on that shoulder they never learn do they ? A few days sensible exercise should heal it. Knowing Zena and Dillon are similar though it will be fine on walks but the garden they just can't help themselves.
What a pain about the turf.

I hope everyone remembered to put the clonks forward I did but am late on parade due to a really restless night but was too lazy to come downstairs. Dillon was restless too and his panting and moving around and flopping down doesn't help either.

An u usual Mothers day for me this year Michael didn't always manage to get home but Mark living just round the corner till end of last year would always pop in of course too far for either of them now. Gorden said we will pop out for coffee and then do more gardening. Plus the meat will be going in the low cooker and I will make a nice steak and kidney pie for lunch.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone especially you mums.

Hoping Malka and Pereg had a restful night.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2014, 07:33 AM
Morning Helena & Lynn as I can see she's lurking & will no doubt post before I do. Poor Zena with her shoulder again. The way Taff jumps about I'm surprised he doesn't do it more often.
Lovely sunny day here as well by the looks of it. I think we are going up to OH's mates house this morning as they are fosterers & their little girl who they have been fostering since she was 6 months old (she's 3 now) is going to adoptive parents on Thursday. So we are going up to say goodbye to her. They are really upset about it after all this time but realistically he is 75 ( not sure how old his wife is) how much longer could they cope & they are too old to adopt her.
Other than that it's just the usual Sunday I expect.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mums. Hope you all get spoiled
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2014, 07:34 AM
Morning Helena and friends,

It looks like another lovely day here too. Family coming mid afternoon which will be lovely and I'm cooking a roast for everyone ..... my choice to cook as they all wanted to go to a restaurant but to be honest I'd rather be here ..... they can clear up afterwards

Helena sorry to hear about Zena yesterday and her shoulder. Hopefully a week or so of gentle walks will see he OK again. I really look forward to seeing the photos of your walk today

Happy Mothers Day to all you Mums out there .... enjoy your day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2014, 07:39 AM
So the two Lynn/es' snuck in while I was posting

Lynn I'm sorry you won't get to see your lads today but I'm sure they'll be thinking of you. Enjoy your day ... it looks like another lovely one.
Lynne What an emotional time for everyone with the little girl going to her new home on Thursday ..... a happy result of course, but very hard for her fosterers .... 3 years is a long time.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-03-2014, 07:39 AM
Morning Lynne always lurking me.
That will be a sad goodbye today remember the tissues.
Morning Jenny enjoy your lunch with the family.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2014, 07:41 AM
Morning

Happy Mothers' Day.

We had a lovely day yesterday. We had lunch in a pub garden to celebrate my birthday and it was lovely and warm. And I got presents. I got two Larry Miller cds and he'd signed them and written nice messages on and a guitar pick that he'd signed and written happy birthday on.

Today we need to go to Church because Carys is reading a prayer. Then my parents are coming back here for a bit and we have Carys' Roman Villa to finish.

I have blackbirds building a nest in our laurels.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-03-2014, 07:55 AM
Morning Linda sounds like a lovely day yesterday and another one today. Enjoy.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2014, 08:21 AM
Morning everyone. Another garbage night for me, so am awake bright and early at 4:20 in the morning AGAIN!

Seen docs about a bazillion times (did sleep studies etc.) about the sleep issues, but nothing has really helped and I'll not take any horrid drugs so I just deal with it.

Sorry about Zena Helena, hope she's all right. Jade has been a little off lately (past 2 or 3 days), as well. She's being nicer to other pets and calmer on her leash, not like her. Keeping an eye on her, might have to take her to the vet if she gets any worse.

She got into a scrap with Blue, one of our cats (nasty cat, sometimes attacks dogs for no reason) and we had to shout to break it up to ensure the cats safety. Then rip the cat off Jade's face more or less (unhook her claws) since the cat got her claws stuck in poor Jade's muzzle/side of face. And since then she's been a bit off.

She's eating fine etc. so not a huge worry for now. No real injuries, only a few tiny little pricks. Think she just got a fright and hasn't quite gotten over it yet, since she's easily frightened. Hope that's just it.

Hope everyone has a nice day and even though I'm american and our Mother's Day doesn't come for quite some time, Happy Mother's Day to all mothers out there!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-03-2014, 09:11 AM
Afternoon all and

Hoping for a bit of a rest later today and I am really zonked after yesterday, but thankfully Da Booga appears to be OK now although she looks a bit doped up still. Unfortunately the tension has set my tummy off again but it should soon settle. It is also rather chilly today and very overcast although the forecast was just for scattered clouds - these look suspiciously dark to me.

Helena - sorry to hear about Zena's shoulder and hope she will soon be OK. Pity about the nightmare drive to get turf, only to find they were out of stock.

Lynn - it is a shame that neither of your boys will be able to come to see you today.

Lynne - it will be very sad for that couple after having fostered the little girl for so long but nice that she will will be going to adoptive parents.

Jenny - I hope you enjoy your family meal!

Linda - how nice to get the signed Larry Miller CDs and the guitar pick - you rather fancy him I think!

Myra - I do hope Jade is OK after being attacked by Blue.

- I hope everyone has a

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »