Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Aww,MALKA,how sweet is that?grin:
All confused about your daughters birthday though with the whole leap year thing pass no remarks,I am a but thick! Your daughter is 3 weeks older than me
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Afternoon everyone.

What a busy day. Walked Dillon, did the housework went to Dobbies for breakfast and we bought another cow slip for under the big tree and with some of my birthday money I bought a blue hydrangea. We then came home and started doing some gardening. More big ugly shrubs gone and it has opened the garden up a treat. We had a couple of coffee breaks sitting in the garden but have now given up for today and am sitting with a glass of red. Dillon is pooped too nicking tree bits and dragging them around and haring up and down.

Gordon thank you for the cold tea tip I actually made some up this morning but haven't applied any as the eye seems fine now. I will keep it though and see how it is tomorrow.

I hope all poorly peeps and doglets are feeling better now. If not here's some get well (((hugs))).
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the thought anyway Eileen it is very kind of you.

DD sorry to tell you but we have had a fantastic warm sunny day here.

Malka,
Lol he couldn't have been that bad, could he? How is Pereg now is she still sleeping. Poor little mite.

Have given Amber one very long walk today with blue Adaire and had a sit down while I threw her ball for her too so she had plenty of exercise this afternoon. I also fed her some lovely steamed fish for her dinner.

edit: Thanks Lynn, sounds like you have had fun.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2014, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Aww,MALKA,how sweet is that?grin:
All confused about your daughters birthday though with the whole leap year thing pass no remarks,I am a but thick! Your daughter is 3 weeks older than me
OK. My daughter's due date was Tuesday 13 March 1968 and 13 March is twin and my birthday. And my daughter was born on her due date.

But 1968 was a leap year so Tuesday 13 March was actually Tuesday 12 March that year because of the extra day in February, so she was born the day before our 26th birthday - I was the oldest mother in the six bed ward.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Aw what a lovely card that was Malka
Now....about MY Mothers Day...it was actually LAST Sunday.
This is because my son phoned me and said is it Mothers Day this Sunday, and I said I don't know, its usually round about now, so LAST Friday he arrived with flowers, choklit and a card. I didn't go to training as last year they didn't open on Mothers Day. I was in Asda on Monday and I thought how strange there is so much Mothers Day stuff left over for sale. On Tuesday, son rang me and said hey mum it isn't till NEXT Sunday, but at least I didn't miss it, ah I said that accounts for all the Mothers Day stuff in Asda.
There ARE training classes tomorrow, so Keshi and I will be there, for the first time since before Christmas, she's done really well on the little sessions we had the last 2 weeks, apart from the days when I brought oven chips for training treats, and the next day it was raw kidney
Been a nice day today, had both lots of girlies on the river, and they've had a great time, playing and swimming, and of course digging. Was hurting when I got home, but have been out to get pet mince and my prescription, took some pain killers, but hurting again now. How on earth do you get soft tissue damage leaning over a door, because thats what Jenny said I may have, and I (foolishly) laughed, but thats all it can be really Not exactly t shirt day today, not as warm as it was forecast, but better than it has been.
Moyra, if you're only doing 700 miles a year is there any point in keeping a car, its probably costing you more in tax, insurance, upkeep etc. I personally think you'll be better off with a top of the range scooter and taking a taxi when need be to your lunch dates, will still work out cheaper I bet.
Lynne, banana bread recipe please, they had some bagged bananas in the cheap bit in Asda so got all 3 bags, girlies will have some, but as Cariad and Lona are on diets I can't give them all to them, so thought I would ask after the banana bread recipe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 05:45 PM
June, yes you are right about the car although because I am disabled they pay my car tax for me so it is only the petrol and insurance that it costs me. Mind you that is enough. Hiowever, my licence runs out next February when I am 70 so with all my problems I think they may think twice about renewing it. I know generally they do knowing you are on medication for all the problems but it is not as if it is just one or two there are several major problems I have. What with Diabetes and Glaucoma and the osteoarthritis which I am riddled with. as well as hiatus hernia, high blood pressure etc etc............ No I have been driving/riding motorbikes etc since I was 16 so I have had my fill. only two accidents in all that time both letting my clutch out, once on a roundabout and once on a t. junction. So that's what I tell people I am most dangerous at 0 to 5 mph!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
OK. My daughter's due date was Tuesday 13 March 1968 and 13 March is twin and my birthday. And my daughter was born on her due date.

But 1968 was a leap year so Tuesday 13 March was actually Tuesday 12 March that year because of the extra day in February, so she was born the day before our 26th birthday - I was the oldest mother in the six bed ward.
Thankyou,now I get it
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 05:52 PM
I'm with TW would like like the banana bread recipe too
MOYRA,not sure how it works were you are but with your ailments would you not be entitled to a disability car?Conor's mum has one Her hubby drives her about in it,occasionally she drives herself.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2014, 05:58 PM
I need to make a move, sat here like tomorrow will do.
Kitchen floor looks like the river bed with all that they walked in, old sheets were on the carpets, so they are in the wash and done, will put them on Jackie and Andy's line tomorrow, but the kitchen floor is like nothing you've ever seen utility not good either, anyone got a magic wand for me to wave over it all. Needs to be done before I sit down to watch telly I know that!!!
Do they contact your doctor Moyra to ask what meds you are on. I know you have to let them know you are diabetic don't you because they want to know about hypo's etc.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Eileen, I think Moyra has one if they pay the tax for it, you still have to put petrol in it and insure it, I think...not sure really to be honest.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »