View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 05:44 PM
a dog should fight to survive, if i was been strangled by some numpty who just kicked me (& therefore i had no trust in them), id panic & struggle too! Not because im a spoilt bratt & ive never been told what to do, but very single instinct in me is telling me to fight & if i cant fight then flight .

If CM didnt intend to string the dog up, why didnt he take hold of the collar with his hand? Why didnt he drop the lead down ?

His intention is to dominate a strong dog by stringing it up, like the ole cowboys ways to breaking a horse
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post

Shadow doesn't ... he chooses to fight back. For the first time probably in a very long time, he was being made to do something he didn't want to do. Whereas I have argued long and hard against the "nudge" that CM gave him, which appeared to be far too hard and was far more like a kick (and CM got bitten for his pains, and jolly good thing to), I will not accept that CM is purposely strangling the dog ! Shadow is doing it to himself.

If you put a slip lead round my neck and stand there holding the end, and I choose to run backwards so that it tightens and tightens, the harder I pull backwards, I am strangling myself, I am doing the pulling, you are merely holding the end of the lead.
You are assuming that a) the dog has a choice and b) the dog undestands the choice.
And ....If my memory serves me correctly...CM was holding the dog away from him in an effort to stop the dog biting him - after provoking the dog into the reaction in the first place

From what I could see, the dog freaked, in a scared way to an unknown sensation whilst it was in a highly tense/stressed situation (being forced to parallel walk with a dog it did not get on with). If CM was indeed using his TM 'bite' is it really surprising that the dog reacted this way to him, when it was already tense about the dog walking next to it.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Fine, your opinion mate.

But allow other's to have their's please.
Mmmmmmmm, if my memory serves me well it was YOU who "rubbished" another's opinion.. not me,

Where is the respecting of others opinions there
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by JuniorDaddy View Post
I think they are talking about Gracie, the dog belonging to the Grogans (Marley & Me). We've argued this one several pages back, I'm not sure why it's been bought back up. Cesar gave it one of his 'bites', twice. It's been alleged that he 'hit/smacked the dog, I disagreed, & that his timing was wrong, I couldn't agree or disagree as I am not expert. Result was the dog stopped chasing the chicken & the family were happy. The clip is on lots of posts if you look back but its only about 15 secs long, so you don't see the whole session.
Hmmmm.
His 'bite' made a sound on contact.
It is clear why it has been brought back up if you read the thread.
If you can't comment on one part why comment at all?
I'm not even sure why I am responding to you to be honest...as I'm not sure we know who you are even now...so you are still possibly trolling in an attempt to antagonise and wind up.
Oh right, yes I have seen that episode a couple of times. Is that the one where CM was terrifying a poor chicken !! And it poohed on him.

I was horrified about the way the poor chicken was abused, NOT the dog !! Joking apart, I am serious about the chicken.

The dog was not slapped, struck, hit or smacked. He was "bitten" by Cesar with his trademark finger stab.
There was no 'finger stab' he slapped the dog. Watch the clip.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 06:36 PM

Shadow doesn't ... he chooses to fight back. For the first time probably in a very long time, he was being made to do something he didn't want to do. Whereas I have argued long and hard against the "nudge" that CM gave him, which appeared to be far too hard and was far more like a kick (and CM got bitten for his pains, and jolly good thing to), I will not accept that CM is purposely strangling the dog ! Shadow is doing it to himself.

If you put a slip lead round my neck and stand there holding the end, and I choose to run backwards so that it tightens and tightens, the harder I pull backwards, I am strangling myself, I am doing the pulling, you are merely holding the end of the lead.
oh please!

this is such rubbish i am amazed anyone can even think it, never mind put it forward as a serious argument.

rune
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
again gnasher, you are looking from a human point of view. we have the knowledge and understanding to realise that. dogs don't. i'm not saying that cm is purposely strangling the dog, but he is fighting it using a lead which is tight around the animals neck. that much is obvious.

it really is total domination and that i can't and won't agree with.
Maybe not you, although tbh I am not sure, but many on this thread have said that CM strings dogs up and someone even said Shadow was blue in the face !!

If you hold onto the end of a slip leash, against which a dog is pulling, then this is NOT domination, this is the dog fighting against the discipline, for want of a better word, of the lead.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
oh please!

this is such rubbish i am amazed anyone can even think it, never mind put it forward as a serious argument.

rune
Again Rune, that is your opinion. And your opinion is NOT the only one, nor necessarily the correct one. It is YOUR opinion to which you are entitled.

I am entitled to mine. That does not give you the right to say it is rubbish and query how I could forward my opinion as a serious argument.

Anyone who disagrees with anyone else can just say "rubbish"! The secret is to be able to argue and debate, with passion if you like, but to just say "rubbish" without qualification ! - is just plain childish !
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Maybe not you, although tbh I am not sure, but many on this thread have said that CM strings dogs up and someone even said Shadow was blue in the face !!

If you hold onto the end of a slip leash, against which a dog is pulling, then this is NOT domination, this is the dog fighting against the discipline, for want of a better word, of the lead.
NO. It is the dog trying to escape from something that is strangling it.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Hmmmm.
His 'bite' made a sound on contact.
It is clear why it has been brought back up if you read the thread.
If you can't comment on one part why comment at all?
I'm not even sure why I am responding to you to be honest...as I'm not sure we know who you are even now...so you are still possibly trolling in an attempt to antagonise and wind up.

There was no 'finger stab' he slapped the dog. Watch the clip.
I would if I had a link? Anyone? I am working from memory, it is true, so tbf if anyone can put up the link, I will watch it.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Mmmmmmmm, if my memory serves me well it was YOU who "rubbished" another's opinion.. not me,

Where is the respecting of others opinions there
I believe I did, but I don't think I would just have said "rubbish" and left it at that, I can't be bothered to scroll back to look.

However, if I did, I apologise.
Page 101 of 125 « First < 51 91 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 111 > Last »