Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2021, 06:41 AM

Daily thread Saturday 28th August 2021

Morning all
Early start for me.... waiting for my fireman to arrive, hoping he can come but understand if he can't as the massive blaze is still burning and one man is still missing, I don't want to message him incase he is on shift/asleep....will give it until 10 and if he hasn't arrived I will message him and say we can rearrange.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2021, 07:40 AM
What blaze is this Kelly? Morning by the way.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2021, 08:58 AM
There's a blaze in Leamington... it's the same place as Steve goes too ( thankfully he is off work). There's one person missing, it involves chemicals and it's at a plastics factory, there's tonnes off black melted plastic scattered everywhere and it all needs picking up...... people have been warned not to touch it. Luckily Daz came....he has been at work all night!!! He wasn't sent to that fire, funny how you get to know people and worry about them!
Did the job half price too, gave them each a tenner for a drink
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2021, 05:46 PM
Good afternoon all.

And finally, we have some sun. It was still chilly this morning though with the northerly wind. Back to dull for over a week from tomorrow according the the forecast

Granddaughter has arrived home safely. She's a very confident young lady. she's only been passed her test for about a month. Just glad she managed it all OK.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2021, 06:09 PM
Chris, I was that cold this morning......I put the heating on!!!
Well done to your granddaughter! I hate motorways and that's only as a passenger!
Brenda...I sent you a picture of Steve's sister and brother in law, I don't know if it went through or not.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2021, 06:11 PM
Also, meant to say.... anyone needing to book for a blood test, there's apparently a shortage of blood test tubes and the 17th is the earliest that you can book an appointment...I managed to book for the 20th and will just have to hope that everything is o k
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2021, 06:17 PM
Good evening everyone

Pleased granddaughter arrived home safely Chris

Also pleased your fireman friend was able to get to you and do the job Kelly.

Day hasn't been too bad. This afternoon Paul, eldest son, and I went to Rye Harbour nature reserve and we walked with out jumpers. It did start to rain but then cleared very quickly so didn't get wet. We also went into Rye itself as both of us have only ever driven through on the way to somewhere else. Lovely town, very old so enjoyed our look round. Busy with tourists though but well worth a visit.

Hope all are well. Take care
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2021, 07:06 PM
Evening everyone.
Well what a lovely day. Sun stayed out a tad chilly in the wind but we got our BBQ and ate in the garden.
Then the kids cleared the table and played table tennis in the cabin. It was so lovely to have everyone together gain after nearly 18 months.
Joel and Tia were here to. After everything was done and dusted nanny spent most of her day cuddling Freya.
Dillon was brilliant spent most of the day asleep, had a sniff of Freya's toes when she arrived, and when she was crying while I ws sitting holding her he came over sniffed her head and the laid down. Very proud of him.
We are all together again tomorrow plus Lauren's mum and step dad at Mark and Lauren's to celebrate Marks 40th.

Glad the fireman turned up griff. I read about the fire sounded frightening.
Glad your Granddaughter arrived home safely Chris such a relief when they do.
Sounds a lovely afternoon Sue glad you enjoyed it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2021, 07:29 PM
Awwww Lynn, sounds like a lovely day and we'll done Dillon
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2021, 09:46 PM
Sue, how nice that you and your son could visit somewhere you have both been through.
We had a little warm weather.....not much and I put the heating back on this Evening.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >