Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2021, 08:05 AM

Daily Chat - Wednesday 25th August

Good morning everyone

Hope Dave managed to fit the new door bell without too much trouble Chris

How is Dillon doing Lynn?

Lovely morning here. Teazle walked, washing on he line, paper shredding done now for a coffee before attempting to tackle some weeds

Hope all are well. Take care
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2021, 08:12 AM
Aw Sue Bill and Ben and Little Weed. . Hope you have a good day and please don't do your back in like I have bending over a dog doing some brushing and nail triming. I always did Tyto on a table but wasn't sure if Church would keep still so did him on the floor. Had an email yesterday from BT saying that they are changing over to Digital Voice. Anyone else heard of this? It seems simple but who knows? I haven't a clue as I don't really use my landline mostly mobile which is amazing for me because until I moved here I never had one or used one. Margaret coming today for lunch so that will be good. Lovely day here, been for a lovely walk on the sand as tide is right out. Have a good day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2021, 09:08 AM
Morning
Sue, I am hopefully winning my war with the horsetail....wd40 and weed killer
Brenda, I think this is the same thing as what my friend had to have she just wanted a phone but there's no phone lines in the building, it's all done by fibre or something so they basically forced her into having broadband too.
Need to pop to town to collect my mum's dresses but just waiting for my tablets to kick In to see how icky I feel before heading off, then last day of Molly may today
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2021, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning everyone

Hope Dave managed to fit the new door bell without too much trouble Chris

How is Dillon doing Lynn?

Lovely morning here. Teazle walked, washing on he line, paper shredding done now for a coffee before attempting to tackle some weeds

Hope all are well. Take care
Sounds like a busy day for many but quiet for you Sue have a good day.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2021, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Aw Sue Bill and Ben and Little Weed. . Hope you have a good day and please don't do your back in like I have bending over a dog doing some brushing and nail triming. I always did Tyto on a table but wasn't sure if Church would keep still so did him on the floor. Had an email yesterday from BT saying that they are changing over to Digital Voice. Anyone else heard of this? It seems simple but who knows? I haven't a clue as I don't really use my landline mostly mobile which is amazing for me because until I moved here I never had one or used one. Margaret coming today for lunch so that will be good. Lovely day here, been for a lovely walk on the sand as tide is right out. Have a good day all.
I have BT bit no idea what that is maybe we are behind like you mobile always in fact not used for months either in or out.

Have a lovely lunch with your pal.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2021, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Morning
Sue, I am hopefully winning my war with the horsetail....wd40 and weed killer
Brenda, I think this is the same thing as what my friend had to have she just wanted a phone but there's no phone lines in the building, it's all done by fibre or something so they basically forced her into having broadband too.
Need to pop to town to collect my mum's dresses but just waiting for my tablets to kick In to see how icky I feel before heading off, then last day of Molly may today
That's good Griff horsetail can be a mare.......

Hope you feel okay
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2021, 09:18 AM
Good morning all

Been out with Gert and all the front and back outside UPVC cleaned my neighbour said when I saw in when I went out to the car, he came round the corner and was blinded by the whiteness - worrying now how dirty they were but they were not honestly.

Doing the inside today.

Car passed MOT and cam belt water pump antifreeze/coolant changed and refilled. All good

Have a good day all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-08-2021, 09:37 AM
Morning Sue, brenda, griff, Kazz and all to follow.
Been drizzling here but looks to be brightening up. Hope so washing to do over the next few days so I can relax while Michael and Maca are here.
Dillon not to bad thank you Sue, bit perkier last couple of days and not waking till 4.30 5.00 am.
Had a nice plod round the park this morning he did some rolling managed to get right onto his back a few times, we did have 3 quite big stumbles on his front right leg though.
He is now exhausted and sleeping in the garden.
Turning out to be a n regards rules entering UK from Spain. They need to pcr test before entering and again 2 days of being here, they arrive Friday evening and fly back Monday evening. Going back into Spain they only need proof of their vaccinations.
I am thinking they will be thinking what a lot of trouble for a 3 night 4 day visit.

Sue enjoy your easier day today.
griff glad you are getting on top of the mares tail. As Kazz says it's a mare.
brenda no idea about the BT phone line suggestion suggested.
Hope the back feels better soon.
Kazz nice when all your hard work is appreciated.

Hope everyone is well and safe today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2021, 01:04 PM
Kazz, I did our windows with the uPVC restorer....they are about 35 years old and they look great! You will be getting requests!!
Lynn, this PCR testing thing seems very complicated
Went to town and my new bag broke...it looks like the strap has been cut! Had to go and buy another bag but luckily I carry my bag at the front so it fell at my feet so sorry thief...not today!!
Off to do Molly later, I ordered her some ear drops and Steve said I can do that as he doesn't think she will let him do it....he says she can hate me and not him! Not being funny but he should be able to do things with her, I do my dog claws ears etc...give them medication, they might not like it but it gets done...he literally can't cope if the dog doesn't like something... I will do it today but I am not back to her for nearly a week so he will have to do it
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2021, 02:34 PM
Griff I used fairy liquid to wash everything down then used Meth spirits to clean some sticky bits off the front door frame where the bell was, then clean water/fairy again and (for each window) and then DE solve it UPVC restorer from the local window factory.

I can see now why workmen charge so much to clean/restore them longer job than you think been at it days.

Done the back bedroom bathroom, loo and kitchen windows inside today. Still the two living room and front kitchen window to do. Mine are about 26-27 years old and have come up cracking too.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >