Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2015, 03:09 PM

Bella is back to normal

Hi All , hope you had a lovely Christmas , its been sunny here in Spain , the good news is Bella has competely recovered from her MMM , so really happy to see her back to normal. We are all fenced in now so the dogs have freedom , its great to see them off lead all the time and just having a mooch about.

Just trying to sort out their tick and med diseases protection now, I have used Advantix and am advised to use scalibor collars but not so sure on them for greys.

Sitting on the terrace with the hounds as I type , its a good life here.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0621.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	4756  
Azz
Administrator
Male 

28-12-2015, 03:35 PM
They are looking very festive Maureen

What's the temp there right now? It's very mild here for December (11C)
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2015, 03:39 PM
December has been a fab sunny month Azz, today its been 20 degrees , we have had no rain since we arrived just over a month ago and had to take the dogs inside in the middle of the day. I dont know how they will cope with the heat in the Summer but we have aircon and a pool so can cool them down.

I am sat outside at the mo as I type with the dogs and in the shade the temp is 16 degrees at 20 to 5 in the afternoon.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

28-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
December has been a fab sunny month Azz, today its been 20 degrees , we have had no rain since we arrived just over a month ago and had to take the dogs inside in the middle of the day. I dont know how they will cope with the heat in the Summer but we have aircon and a pool so can cool them down.

I am sat outside at the mo as I type with the dogs and in the shade the temp is 16 degrees at 20 to 5 in the afternoon.
That sounds lovely
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2015, 03:52 PM
it is so nice to have great weather and to feel the sun on your back on a december dog walk , I am sure the rain will arrive at some point but life here is good and so much cheaper than the UK . Bella was poorly and had 2 lots of jabs at the vet , 5 consultations, meds for 4 weeks and the bill was 20 euros.

No way would that happen in the UK and no appts necessary , you just turn up and wait your turn in the queue.

No question when you arrive if you can pay , just what is the problem and payment is sorted out later ,we are so lucky to have a lovely caring vet practice.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

28-12-2015, 04:20 PM
That sounds really good - a bit like how things used to be here. Hope Bella gets well soon
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2015, 09:36 AM
Glad to hear that Bella is ok now.

Its sunny hear down South today . I really feel for the people in the North who are suffering from the floods . It seems there will be no let up for them as more rain is expected.

How fluent are you in Spanish? I spent some months in France not knowing much French and found a lot of people spoke English.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2015, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Dibbythedog View Post
Glad to hear that Bella is ok now.

Its sunny hear down South today . I really feel for the people in the North who are suffering from the floods . It seems there will be no let up for them as more rain is expected.

How fluent are you in Spanish? I spent some months in France not knowing much French and found a lot of people spoke English.
Thank you , yes the floods are horrific for folks , really feel for them.

My Spanish is OK , I can get by at the moment , there isnt a lot of English spoken where we live, but some speak French and that has helped as my French is far better than my Spanish ! I start Spanish classes twice a week on Jan 11th so I am hoping that helps me improve We also went to nightschool in the UK for a year for Spanish before we moved, so glad we did as it has been a huge help.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-12-2015, 11:38 PM
Aw they look so happy Maureen enjoying the sunshine