View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Well what ever the answers are, my Diesel lived to the ripe old age of 18 years and 9 months on go cat and Felix, lots of cooked chicken ( she stalked the oven everytime I cooked it) and only had to see the vets 3 times before she died, the first time was when I had her done after she had her litter of kittens in 1995( she was a terrible mum too) and not again till she was 18. She was a proper pampered kitty and my baby. During her last year she ate Royal Canin 12+ as that was all she could eat ( except for a bit of cheese & chicken)
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2013, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by crystalgirl View Post
Hi I am not sure,but from what I can gather,kidney, bladder problems and teeth problems are on the rise with cats,Wet food for dogs is about 50% water but not sureabout tinned food for cats,But as I have said often to my Daughter in Law,instead of pampering,let them go out and be normal cats,they would then balance their own diet,but it usually falls on deaf ears,but it seems that this Seminar has given some shock figures,and everyone is now (maybe to late) wondering on how they can make a differance.crystalgirl
Dry food for any animal is a convenience food for the owners. The vets will tell you to feed dry and it must be fed "dry", nowadays I am wiser and agree with them and then do my own thing. It does not surprise me that to hear renal problems are on the rise. Part of the problem with cats is that not all of them drink enough. We are fortunate in that all of ours will guzzle happily along side the dogs. They do have raised water bowls but by far and large they prefer to drink from and with the dogs.

I never feed the dogs dry food dry and never will. Each year at check up time we are complimented on how well the dogs teeth look.

With the amount of cats your D.I.L has I don't think her neighbours would appreciate them going out and about doing their own thing.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2013, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Well what ever the answers are, my Diesel lived to the ripe old age of 18 years and 9 months on go cat and Felix, lots of cooked chicken ( she stalked the oven everytime I cooked it) and only had to see the vets 3 times before she died, the first time was when I had her done after she had her litter of kittens in 1995( she was a terrible mum too) and not again till she was 18. She was a proper pampered kitty and my baby. During her last year she ate Royal Canin 12+ as that was all she could eat ( except for a bit of cheese & chicken)
Hi She sounds a proper madam,but lovely with it.crystalgirl
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2013, 09:28 PM
She was Crystagirl, but we loved her and miss her too

Thought you might like to see a photo
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2013, 07:40 AM
She was Crystagirl, but we loved her and miss her too

Thought you might like to see a photo
Hi she is a really pretty cat,she looks a big cat,I bet her purr was loud,My D .I.L has an ancient cat,she has bought it a remnant piece of fur,and she makes up this small area for it to sleep,when it was younger slept on a bed attached to the radiator,also as it got older would attach itself to one of the younger cats and happy foot,but they just didnt appreciate it.so on this small area,it happily does all this purring really loudly then once it has finished it curls up and goes to sleep.I know its probably too soon,but maybe you could find a space in your heart for another cat,there are loads out there looking for a special home crystalgirl
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2013, 07:54 AM
I have thought about it but Rosie has took to chasing anything small and furry and gets a bit jealous too and even though she would not hurt anything, I think she would traumatise the poor Cat or kitten xx
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-04-2013, 07:27 PM
only 3 times?
so you never let vaccinate her?

then you must been very lucky, that she never got sick
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 09:38 PM
I was lucky but that's probably because she never went anywhere, as in never left the garden, don't know why just never did xx
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-04-2013, 09:41 PM
I was lucky but that's probably because she never went anywhere, as in never left the garden, don't know why just never did xx
oh, good cat
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Thank you she was xx
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >