Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
What's know I believe as CYBER BEGGING. It's why I always check out these appeal emails. Mind you this one had come from my horse owning and horse loving pals down in West Penwith so I didn't think it would be suspicious.
what i get a lot is people who 'like' horses if that makes sense, maybe go to a riding school once in a while, or watch olympia or royal ascot on the telly cause they 'like' horses without knowing much about them frantically e-mailing me about these poor abandoned horses with a man standing next to them with a gun ready to see them off. Almost always fake and means that people get a bit distrustful when there is a genuine one. Gah. makes me cross ! haha
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
what i get a lot is people who 'like' horses if that makes sense, maybe go to a riding school once in a while, or watch olympia or royal ascot on the telly cause they 'like' horses without knowing much about them frantically e-mailing me about these poor abandoned horses with a man standing next to them with a gun ready to see them off. Almost always fake and means that people get a bit distrustful when there is a genuine one. Gah. makes me cross ! haha
Well very pleased to read that the horses have all been saved.

Isn't it just typical of some humans to try to exploit others in this way. Touch wood I don't get any e-mails like this and I sure ain't complaining. I'm embarassed to say I did get sucked into one on here, not the recent one but a long time ago. Just pocket money really but left a very sour taste.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 04:58 PM
For the same reason i'd never 'donate' money to someone for vets bills/transporting an animal, I'd lend a good friend some money for it, or donate to a reputable charity who i support, but someone begging over the internet i really don't agree with. That also makes my blood boil haha. I see a lot of people trying to raise money for some silly non essential stuff, and i just think if you want that, go and save and pay for it yourself like the rest of us! grumble grumble.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2