Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mandydog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post

I for one will not miss having to take my pups to the vet and dock them,... tail.. no tail... I love rotties whatever way the come
Then...whyever did you do it?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by mandydog View Post
Then...whyever did you do it?
thats a good question... but I have to say at the time of breeding my litters.. no one wanted an un-docked dog.. I had waiting lists so I knew what they wanted..

but having had two litters that were docked... I can safely say... {I wont miss it } runs and hides ....

As the breeder of a traditonaly docked dog... I guess I shouldnt feel like that.. but its just a tail I think it will make rotties easyer for the GP to read...
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 04:49 PM
thats a good question... but I have to say at the time of breeding my litters.. no one wanted an un-docked dog.. I had waiting lists so I knew what they wanted..

but having had two litters that were docked... I can safely say... {I wont miss it } runs and hides ....

As the breeder of a traditonaly docked dog... I guess I shouldnt feel like that.. but its just a tail I think it will make rotties easyer for the GP to read...
Well I think it's great that you feel like that. When I hear of people saying they will abandon 'the breed they love' following the docking ban, I really wondered what it was about the breed that they really liked - that sort of comment would seem to suggest it was purely the breed's looks.

To me this proves that you love the character/temperament of your breed above their physical appearance.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Well I think it's great that you feel like that. When I hear of people saying they will abandon 'the breed they love' following the docking ban, I really wondered what it was about the breed that they really liked - that sort of comment would seem to suggest it was purely the breed's looks.

To me this proves that you love the character/temperament of your breed above their physical appearance.
thanks Hali... I have been saddend by people saying they will leave the breed.. then again good ridance.. they clearly didnt want them for the right reason..

I love rotties for what they are.. how they think.. the whole ugly package.. lol.. a tail is just a tail...

I often wonder what breed the people who fled rotties will now be into...{its still going to have a tail
Stevel
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post

After my experiences with undocked springers I would seriously have to consider whether I would have to give up working them if the ban on docking was extended to them.

I don't think it fair to put a dog through so much pain. So yes, I would have to consider giving up my breeds.

Steve
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Stevel View Post
After my experiences with undocked springers I would seriously have to consider whether I would have to give up working them if the ban on docking was extended to them.

I don't think it fair to put a dog through so much pain. So yes, I would have to consider giving up my breeds.

Steve
but you would be giving them up on a working front...not on the pet side of things.. for people who show dogs or have them as pets...not work them to say they will walk away from a breed IMO is very sad..
Stevel
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Point taken
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 08:36 PM
but you would be giving them up on a working front...not on the pet side of things.. for people who show dogs or have them as pets...not work them to say they will walk away from a breed IMO is very sad..
Shona beat me to it, that was what I was thinking.

For what it's worth, I used to be totally against docking, but have changed my mind regarding true working dogs. I do see that where there is a real risk of a dog damaging it's tail because of the work it does, it would seem to make sense in docking when they are very young.

Your reasons for wanting/needing the tail docked have nothing to do with how the dog looks; it is the fact that so many people go on about the appearance of tails on previously docked breeds that I object to.
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-10-2008, 07:48 AM
I haven't read all 13 pages, but I believe that cosmetic surgery on anyone is cr$p, especially on dogs... Fortunately, in Australia, we're no longer allowed to to this to our dogs..
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lene View Post
I haven't read all 13 pages, but I believe that cosmetic surgery on anyone is cr$p, especially on dogs... Fortunately, in Australia, we're no longer allowed to to this to our dogs..
I thought that in part of Austrailia , docking is still legal ?

Well I am sure thats what my frond said ...who lives their??
Page 13 of 23 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »